Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

"HUNTER Model" jewel of A:M

Muff

Wow, great model, is she an astronaut?

What do you plan with her?

Maybe you are wrong here and this belongs to the jiggle thread?

Making a space epic adventure with her comedy/sci-fi

think stripperilla in space!

But honestly right my hands are full, my mom has cancer and the doc says she has 3 more month. That's why I haven't been around much.

My thoughts are with you spend as much time with her as you can.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hash Fellow
But honestly right my hands are full, my mom has cancer and the doc says she has 3 more month. That's why I haven't been around much.

Sorry to hear about that unhappiness, I'm sure she's glad to have you around.

Thank you all very much, 3 month will fly by really quick. I'll be more dedicated after I catch up with life. For the model, I already have a fantastic voice actress for the main character. Someone who is actually famous who have become my friend. It will be a surprise for now. No budget done for the love of it.

I have trouble expressing how I feel about watching someone dying. My mom says she lived a good life and no one hate her, and she outlive most of her friend, and her brother died when he was 18 in the war. Her karma is fantastic!

My typing been more off lately, I switch my keyboard to the Dvorak setting, I did this with William Eggington, so he is also learning this. But he bought a great keyboard while I converted mine.

Russ - My thoughts are with you at this difficult time. I have a hard time finding the right words to convey my heartfelt feelings. I also went thru something similar with my mother, but it was on a much quicker timescale. It was the closest time we spent with each other, and I am grateful I was able to be there for her.

I use a brush aluminum material and a bump and adjust it until it look crinkle. I used Phuzh to make the gloves, clothing a little thicker. I was going for the Flash Gorden era!

The hard part about my moms condition is I cant tell my family about my kidney conditions. They have enough on their plate. Some of you already know I only have a partial kidney from the Dec 2004 operation.

• 7 months later...

Hi Guys and gals,

I heard that someone is interested to have my model The singing Santa (Nicole).

i'm honoured of this :P

nicole-final-00.jpg

the model is quite old, materials and maps may be missing and without any serious rigging, but if you want it... no prob :D

here is the link where you can download the model: http://www.tanassi.it/nicole/Nicole.zip

good job and cheers to everyone... Vince

Thanks tanassi,

Just got it and have been looking at it and see so many things that will help me with my models.

Folks it is stuff like this, from more experienced people that will help us all see the things we need to do to get better.

I have sit and worked on a simple pair of shorts for weeks, then suddenly it all clicks from previous problems, BAM there it is.

All you folks here on this forum have helped me so much and I consider you all my friends.

So a BIG THANK YOU to you all.

As for the topic of this discussion, learn, study, practice, practice, practice. Looking and studying others tuff helps but you will not learn it unless you work at it.

These are a couple of my latest projects, a long way to go but getting there.

Snapz_Pro_XScreenSnapz001.jpg

Snapz_Pro_XScreenSnapz002.jpg

• Hash Fellow
Hi Guys and gals,

I heard that someone is interested to have my model The singing Santa (Nicole).

i'm honoured of this :P

nicole-final-00.jpg

the model is quite old, materials and maps may be missing and without any serious rigging, but if you want it... no prob :D

here is the link where you can download the model: http://www.tanassi.it/nicole/Nicole.zip

good job and cheers to everyone... Vince

Thanks, Vince!

From someone who was here 3 or 4 years ago and returning very recently to AM this thread was very interesting in many ways. I guess the whole Hunter model thing to me was so above my skill level that i would have no need to have it if it was available. probably many new folks would feel same way.

You see someone like me who has kind of played around with the content provided assets programs like Poser and carrara etc. really after awhile comes to realize that using these things are fun at first and you can make some pretty cool things faster but in the end it was not yours.

This is the ultimate selling point of AM ...its made to have the person themselves make the story come alive. I think its intent was always the artist makes all the assets. Yes it does have lots of content and it has its place for use for practice or fun shorts etc but at the end of the day ...the real cool things done here are done by all the folks in this thread and others who make their own things. They put their own spin on it. own style. Do they need to be as good as the Hunter model to be good. Hardly. I have seen some great things from at least 10 folks in this thread alone that told a story. That amused. That entertained.

Whats funny mid way through this thread someone gives up a nice model. That's a sign of community. Is it as good as hunter? From my beginner perspective it does not matter. But I am ignorant and inexperienced. Could someone make a nice story with it? Of course.

I do think that posting things on You Tube like Fuchur has done can have benefits to AM. There is a host of folks in the world who do not know of AM . And this is one way to maybe get some new interest. I have read postings in the past on other 3d forums sites making reference to AM and the poster might add they do not know if it still exist anymore. And ironically -- I have to say just upgrading to version 16 ---it is better than ever.

This thread has some very talented folks within it. Who IMHO are doing extremely great things from their own talents , skill and practice. To me this is the inspiration I look up to...more than one model ever could.

Rich

Russ, I hope everything goes well with your mom.

I agree with John. I don't know if people need to share their actual work, but I would love to see alot more posts in the WIP sections. With pics and videos of the actual scenes with wires and maybe pics of the textures to show what they look like off the model. That's how I learned back in the day from people like Jim and Will and Colin and others.

you are welcome everybody,

i'm just sorry i didn't finish the model as i would. and even the other women models (yeah John a women section would be nice :D .

this and other models of mine were inspired just from the perfection of the Hunter of Joe Williamsen.

particularly how he managed the joints with "smartskin" and some jiggle in the breast area drived by dynamics... you know what i mean :rolleyes:

i would like to answer to Jakerupert: unfortunately i have leaved A:M a little bit apart because i need to work in a pipeline with other people, here (in Italy) none uses A:M. everybody wants poly models, poly models, poly models... no splines :(

and you know (who tried it) how it's hard to obtain a clean poly model from A:M (hooks, 5pp, weights, materials, maps, decals).

I'm disappointed because A:M is very easy to use to me, but the need to share my models with other people made it impossible work with.

OK, you can be sure that the hellish Autodesk has not received even a buck from me :lol:

i would like to do some personal work with A:M but you know... time is short, age begins to show its effect on my neurons, and I can not work with multiple software programs simultaneously :lol:

OK, enough with the nonsense, anyway this is not a goodbye but a see you soon, I'll come back from time to time to meet my old friends of A:M community.

cheers... Vince

Vince- you are always a breath of fresh air here to our forum... and your English is PERFECT! I enjoy seeing you here and on other forums...(drawing board.org)

HOPE YOU DON'T MIND... I am re-rigging your model with a TSM2 rig... I'll make it available once we get a 'women' model section... there was a 'fat guy' Homer Simpson model in the zip... did you make him too?

ADVICE to anyone using V16 who DL's Vinces model... delete the porceline material... I think it makes more problems than it fixes.