Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Skype?

mouseman

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think everyone on TWO had Skype installed at one time or another. If someone could make a Skype that screencams a desktop that would be a useful thing for helping people with programs.

Maybe something like ScreenStream would be helpful?

I just say: TeamViewer...

Can't imagine that there is anything better available...

It can be used to prasentate and control (with rightmanagement, passwords, etc.) any computer... very very helpful, doesnt have to be installed, free for personal usage, etc.

See you

*Fuchur*

There is a Skype "Extras" panel where you can download a screen-sharing app. I think it is called "innerpass". I use it occasionally--add me to your contacts(zandoria)!

Just looked at Skype.com, seems that screen share is part of the app out of the box. Even the free version has it. Just might load it up when I get home tonight.

• Hash Fellow

One thing that bothered me about Skype was the spam text messages.

Even though I had my privacy setting set to get calls and messages only from people on my contact list, the spam was still getting through and that made me suspect the security of it wasn't all that complete.

That's why i gave up on having it run in the background all the time.

• 4 weeks later...

i have skype running all day in the background, it´s pretty cool for working on projects where meetings aren´t possible because of the distance... animations can get a bit bumpy when i show my screen to the other user, but other than that it´s perfect. maybe once a month or so i get a single spam message, mostly they say i should think about marrying a russian woman! :D

tip: try not to video-chat while you´re transfering bigger amounts of data, otherwise you´ll wait for hours ;)

mostly they say i should think about marrying a russian woman! :D

You should really consider the Russian woman bit... but take a good look at her dowry first.

The Skype of today is entirely different from the Skype of say...2-4 years ago. I tried it back then too and was not happy... had my doubts about it but with a new webcam... it's the shizz.