Hash, Inc. Forums

Lush Lawn TV Commercial

http://amfilms.hash.com/video/389/Lush-Lawn-TV-commercial

This TV spot turned-out well... made in Animation:Master and Adobe After Effects. It is for a small local company called 'Lush Lawn'... and there was NO script or storyboard. The client just gave me a list of visuals... like this:

CLIENT: First, we see Gary in front of a map of Michigan... I'll just do that in post with a map image...

ME: No, no... I have a nice 3D model of the region already... you'll like it.

CLIENT: Then he zooms into Grand Blanc and joins the logo and we see his nameplate... to introduce him. THEN he sinks into the soil and makes the grass grow... then we see examples of lawns that we have from our library... then he gets into a FIGHT and kicks ass on weeds, grubbbs and and then a-a-a- DRAGON! To show all the evils that a lawn can produce... yeah! a DRAGON!

ME: Okay... I don't have a dragon... I suppose I can make one (laughs to self thinking of the 'make dragon button' joke)... but let's remember now... Gary is just a HEAD... he has no arms or legs- so he will just have to 'head butt' these things and make them disappear... really quickly.

All particles done in AE with Trapcode Particular.

Because of the low-budget and quick turnaround... I used the 'feck-off-and-die' method for lip-synch. A colleague of mine had me make my character say this and we discovered that by repeating it over-n-over it 'loosely' fit with just about any (fast talking) dialogue for lip-synch!

bravo! I'll have to remember that lipsync trick!

of course it's spelled differently.... HOW DO I EMBED THE VIDEO INTO THE FORUM?... I've tried copy/pasting the embed code from AMFilms... it just shows the text, it's supposed to show the video here on the forum, no?

• Admin
of course it's spelled differently.... HOW DO I EMBED THE VIDEO INTO THE FORUM?... I've tried copy/pasting the embed code from AMFilms... it just shows the text, it's supposed to show the video here on the forum, no?

Matt,

Not all forum areas are HTML enabled by default. That has to be turned on.

Where in the forum are you trying to embed your video? In this topic?

• Admin

Great commerical Matt!

A suggestion:

I do think you could make the satellite view progressively get more brown as you get farther away from Michigan...

The underlying idea being that there is good reason to invest in Lush Lawn and not everyone has currently got it.

All the smart people are doing it... better get Lush Lawn for your yard!

As always, thanks for sharing these gems in advertisement. :)

Yes, an editor will replace the imagery in the middle of the spot, as well as add the URL and phone nuber at the tail... this is an unfinished spot... in-fact, they have already specified many changes on me... which is bad because they are WAY over budget and the changes are superfluos/unwarranted...

• 8 months later...