Hash, Inc. Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fuchur

Luxrenderer

http://www.luxrender.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=4258

Seems like somebody is working on a plugin for exporting from A:M to this renderer. Would be quite cool because it is open source and available for Windows, Mac OSX and Linux (so that is not that important).

Somebody knows something about that?

See you

*Fuchur*

Sounds like he's exporting to polygons.

Sounds like he's exporting to polygons.

Since it is a renderer he is exporting only just before rendering and this would not make a bigger difference for us users, or am I wrong?

See you

*Fuchur*

That would be cool, I think there was a renderman plug for AM a long time ago. Lux and the other one Pixie both use renderman. I actually have Lux installed for Blender here, it is pretty nice, slow but nice.

it is pretty nice, slow but nice.

yeah... if people were complaining that AO in A:M was slow...

I looked at some of their forum's render contest images; they don't look radically different from what we can do in A:M already.

But if he gets a plugin going I'd be curious to try it.

Looks interesting...

Looking at the tests gallery shows a lot of material and lighting tests. I suppose I or another user of A:M could get near identical renders with A:M.

Photoman

Looks interesting...

Looking at the tests gallery shows a lot of material and lighting tests. I suppose I or another user of A:M could get near identical renders with A:M.

Photoman

I think that is true for nearly all the rendered images available... But it is always good to have alternatives and I am willing to help where I can if it helps to create the plugin... Even if it is only for the advertisement...

*Fuchur*