Hash, Inc. Forums
Sign in to follow this  
thefreshestever

v16 rc slower than previous v16 betas?

i recently noticed a big difference in rendertimes between v16rc and previous v16betas. a AO rendering took 15min in v16rc while v16beta2 (at least i think it´s beta2) rendered the same image within 5 minutes on my 8core mac pro....

seems like v16rc took way longer for "softening pass", at least this was displayed in the render panel at the end of each pass for a long while, before it went to the next pass.

on what version would you like your benchmark-test, rob? ;)

just noticed that v16beta2 (still not sure if it´s beta 1 or 2) only can render to tga, exr and mov... maybe that´s what makes the difference... the rendering in rc1 was to png with light and depth buffers on. i´ll have to run some more tests...

ok... something messed up badly... the issue with v16beta2 and the missing option to render to png now occurs in v16beta4 and rc1, too... also all 3 versions are telling me now that simcloth can´t be found. i will have to delete all 3 and reinstall...

aaarrrggghhh....

ok, forget it.... deleted all versions of a:m on this mac, reinstalled v16rc1, and now it renders exactly as fast as the previous beta version... i don´t know what, but something must have been collided there...

very strange...

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this