Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

The Era of Kodachrome has ended

photoman

Sad day indeed. Kodacrhome and its saturated history end today with the final processing lab closing its k14 processing equipment.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/12/30/us/30film.html?_r=1&hp

I am just glad to say I was a part of its history with my single roll of K64. Those slides will outlive me and be images of a different time.

post-11793-1293723862_thumb.jpg

Just wanted to share.

Photoman

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, they still make Fujichrome...

I like trying to mimic film processing styles with my digital photos:

post-2085-1293813726_thumb.jpg

post-2085-1293813834_thumb.jpg

post-2085-1293813866_thumb.jpg

So far I've been doing it in photoshop, but I'm thinking about getting camerabag:

http://www.nevercenter.com/camerabag/

Interestingly enough, it has batch processing, so it could be used to post process jpeg sequenced renders...

Hey Brainmuffin you should go out and shoot a roll :P.

To be honest I am not mad Kodak stopped making Kodachrome, they only made a wise business move. Plus they just release two new films in recent years, Kodak Ektar 100 and Portra 400, both color negative films that scan easily and offer the highest film resolution in their catagories. Im happy with those!

Plus there is also hundreds of different types of B/W film still being manufactured around the world today!

Photoman

• Hash Fellow

I bet no one has slideshows any more with real slides. After we got back from a vacation and my dad got his slides back he'd get out the projector and the screenand we'd watch them. Sometimes even invite the neighbors to see slides of our vacation.

Developing color film (c41 film at least) is easy, I develop my own. The only difference between B/W and color is the temperature and the addition of a few more chemical steps. I just by the chemicals in a kit and use a tray full of water at 100˚f to keep the dev tank and chems in.

My Dad has a giant CAD plotter for his office that prints 24x36, I am itching to use it for posters and other stuff, although it is an ink drain :D . Im just trying to convince him a wide format 13x19 pro photo printer is and useful around his office :lol:

I had printed a few shots from my Canon Rebel at 20x30 for a client this past summer, the prints were amazing at that size!

We have Hundreds of slides from many vacations Hope before I die to get them scanned my wife has some when here family traveled... I transfered a bunch of 8mm homemovies to a vcr then my son transfered to dvr that was a job since most were single rolls... I like the digital idea a lot ...

I have thousands of slides, literally. Have transferred some to digital, but they've all deterioriated considerably.

I use to give slide shows at work (as well as home) after coming back from 6 week hiatus each year. I don't even have a projector anymore.

I hope to die before transferring them all.