Hash, Inc. Forums

Copy Flip Attach Problem

rbjohnsn

No such thing as being safe!

All the CPs in the Y axes are frozen in the X axes. They will only move up & down on the Y axes.

I've attached screen shots starting with the half model head. Then selecting the center line group using the comma [","].

Then the picture after doing a CFA. You will knote the shaded results looks great except for the few missing patches. BUT

Next I select the results as to work on a just a part of the model. In this case the total results were selected, but it made no difference what part is selected to work on, everything goes to pot.

I never had an issue when using AM version 10 with this function. This is happening now with versions 12, 13, 15, 16. Personaly I thought it was a hardware issue, but I've tried it on three different computers , using AM 12 &13, with three different versions of Window XP [XP home, XP pro, XP media] with the same results each time. I am forced to use version's 15 & 16 on one computer.

post-2943-1293600123_thumb.jpg

post-2943-1293600221_thumb.jpg

post-2943-1293600091_thumb.jpg

post-2943-1293600172_thumb.jpg

post-2943-1293600142_thumb.jpg

Do you have Mirror Mode on?

Try it with a different model. Do you get the same results?

Thank you ever so much. The mirror Mode was on causing me to spend days pulling my hair out. I have never used that function and I guess this is a good time to learn about it!

That was the problem all along.

• 1 year later...

I'm currently working on my first model in A:M as a favor to another user in another post. Sonic

I'm having a problem with CFA where it completes the task but leaves a few splines incomplete.

Has anyone else experienced this and what did you do or should I do to correct this situation?

Sonic.jpg

CFA.jpg

• Hash Fellow

I have experienced that. Is that a tiny, tiny spline ring that isn't getting CFA'd right?

My work around is to scale it much larger prior to the CFA, then scale it down again after.

CFA seems to have trouble with CPs that that are very close together.

There may be a tolerance setting the Options panel for this, but I'm not sure.

Rob, Nancy; you have it exactly. I will have to use your method to fix this.

I presumed, incorrectly, that if you attached several points together that they "welded/fused together" but that is apparently not the case.

Thanks for your quick replies.

• Hash Fellow
I presumed, incorrectly, that if you attached several points together that they "welded/fused together" but that is apparently not the case.

General splining rule: never run more than 2 splines through a CP. That's why we tend to leave the top of a lathed sphere as a very small spline ring rather than join all the loose ends