Hash, Inc. Forums

WIP continued

• Hash Fellow
Really? Would you like me to upload it so you can take a look at it?

the number one thing that bothers me is that the mouth is too complex. Too many bumps. I think you'd be way ahead with a simple horizontal mouth opening that can clearly do the graphic shapes of smile and frown and "oo" and "ah" and "ee".

Also it's rather similar to "Bishop", the AnimationMentor character. There are several near-Bishop characters that people are using at the 11 second club and I think they look grim. Do something that is definitely not-Bishop but still graphically simple.

Just doing some random animation with no direction.

Nice weighting, shifting of weight. There's a bit of a pop about 1/2 way through, it looks like the pelvis bone. One tweak ... when he lifts his left foot from the ground, have his hip/pelvis drop on the left side a bit, since the right leg will be the one holding up his weight.

One other suggestion. Play back the animation and look at his face. There is very little animation in his face. One of the best acting jobs I've seen in live action performance is the version of Pride and Prejudice with Jennifer Ehle as Elisabeth Bennet. You could write the entire dialog of what is going on in her head based on her facial expressions. Another place to get some facial expression ideas is here: http://www.imgzzz.com/pic/1292457579 or search for "expressions" or "facial expressions" on Google Images.

Good to see you really getting into it!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Well I'm still working on this (WOW!!!) I have of course been rewriting the scipt, always room to improve things. The biggest change of course is the main character. I thought perhaps that he was too young for the story. It is a bit graphic and adult and a kid just doesn't fit the part. I started doing a bit of research and drawing and have the new main character fleshed out and I've started modeling him. He's around the age of 17 so please crit what I have so far before I get too involved with the final look. :yay:

SSS_Skin0.jpg