Hash, Inc. Forums

My Cloth Tests

• Admin

It looks like everything is starting to come together for you Walter.

Keep it up!

My thought with the cloth as it is right now is that there seems to be some wind effecting it (not just the characters movement).

To complete the effect it'd be nice to have some overlaid leaves framing the scene that move slightly and suggest a breeze.

This would also lend a further sense of depth to your scene (ala Multiplane effect) as if the camera was placed just out of the clearing partially in the trees.

Looking good!

• Admin
Rodney I don't have any force like wind in it but I have thought about it, makes me wonder how it would work.

Will probably try it next.

Note, I'm not suggesting adding any forces to the scene unless the story calls for it.

My suggestion was to create other effects in the environment that allows for the apparent wind forces already there.

Right now there is life in your character but not in the environment she is in.

Of course you may need a good knowledge about how forces effect cloth later for others scenes so... press on... press on! :)

OH OH OH!!! I been meaning to say this, I remember a while back Robert, you said something about not seeing anyone put on a coat or anything, I don't remember the thread, I know it was a simcloth thread, but that's about it. Anyways, was watchin Christmas movies and saw the Polar Express and the main kid puts on his night robe thingy. Just thought I'd mention it :) Probably was very complex to do, I dunno, but yeah, tidbit of the day I guess ;)

• Hash Fellow
Anyways, was watchin Christmas movies and saw the Polar Express and the main kid puts on his night robe thingy. Just thought I'd mention it :) Probably was very complex to do, I dunno, but yeah, tidbit of the day I guess ;)

Perhaps in that case they could have mo capped the robe too? I'll remember to look for that one, next time I see it.

• Hash Fellow

I just watched that shot and they're cheating a bit, you can only see his feet while he's getting the first sleeve on and the second sleeve is seen from the back in big flurry of action. It looks good but you never see an arm go into the sleeve, just coming out.