Hash, Inc. Forums
Sign in to follow this  
GruberR

A:M disables Aero?

Hi!

I finally got a few minutes to install and try out the latest v16 beta. Now while it does seem to work from what I can tell so far, it has an "issue" I could work around on the v15.

Upon launch, Windows tells me it had to "disable Aero color scheme due to an application not being compatible with it" and restores it when A:M exits. This is more annoying than a real show stopper but with A:M 15 I could switch to Direct-X rendering and work without that issue. More than that, the OpenGL render in v15 used to stop working randomly after a few minutes and I was left with empty windows. v16 doesn't offer me to switch from OpenGL to DirectX anymore, so that issue might become a severe bump in the road which is why I'm posting this.

I have a rather tiny graphics board here so it might be that the GPU or memory isn't up to the requirements so what can I do to validate if it's my card or an issue in the A:M in combination with my card? I think I have used OpenGL based programs without any issues before...

Greetings,

Roman Gruber

I recall an exchange I've had with Steffen and he mentioned that A:M is turning intentionally Aero off. What Aero does and what A:M does are not compatible at the moment.

The 32-bit version of v16 does offer DirectX. You can have both versions installed on your PC. Copy the master0.lic file to enable the second one.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this