Hash, Inc. Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Florian80

Trouble with .MOV format on Mac

I'm having much trouble using the Mac version. I used AM under Windows before - now I have a Mac since September. I'm trying the whole day tu use an animated move file as a decal. It doesn't schow any sutable picture. neither in the OpenGL view nor in the rendering. somtimes it crashes during rendering. The Mac version doesnt seem to accept other video formats than mov. I tried to convert it back an forth, but nothing changed - any ideas?

I'm having much trouble using the Mac version. I used AM under Windows before - now I have a Mac since September. I'm trying the whole day tu use an animated move file as a decal. It doesn't schow any sutable picture. neither in the OpenGL view nor in the rendering. somtimes it crashes during rendering. The Mac version doesnt seem to accept other video formats than mov. I tried to convert it back an forth, but nothing changed - any ideas?

if your using a movie for a decal or anything

it must be converted to TGA format then apply

j

if your using a movie for a decal or anything

it must be converted to TGA format then apply

j

Yes, I already head that idea, but I dont know how to accomplish that - is there any program that converts Videos into Image sequences on Mac? Best would be Freeware

I believe A:M can do that. Import the animation and then "save Animation As" and click to show all the options and save it as an image sequence.

if you have a mac use imove

export out as an image sequence

you can also use AM

import image sequence then export

however you might have an alpha channel issue

i would do imove first

j

Ok, I tried both:

In iMovie there is no export for image sequences or at least I didn't find one.

I tried the way through A:M, but it was as wrong as the pictures showed in A:M itself. just some kind of noise in the images - not the real thing. Any new ideas?

Ahhh, I found it out myself - I can export in iMovie using Quicktime - there I can select image sequence!

Thanks - that seems to work.

Ok, I tried both:

In iMovie there is no export for image sequences or at least I didn't find one.

I tried the way through A:M, but it was as wrong as the pictures showed in A:M itself. just some kind of noise in the images - not the real thing. Any new ideas?

I don't have iMovie, but this page says that it can export an image sequence. I know that Quicktime Pro can as well.

Hope that helps.

Another problem:

If I render an animation I can only use the mov format. But if I play the rendered file it is only dark - no picture - just audio if there was such.

How can I render an animtion and have it in the file at the end?

Thanks

Hi Florian80

I had the same problems, The gang here pointed me to this.

On your render window turn the Alpha Buffer to off.

Hope that works.

Render_settings.jpg

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this