Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Bones...

wildcard

I'm still very new to AM and all, but I can't grasp how bones work.

Watched several tutorials where the 2001 bone rig was used on a model, adjusted and animated.

Tried this my self and after several tries, it still doesn't fully work like in the tutorial. The model twist and turns getting all messed up when trying to move bones around. Some times they don't move correctly and many other problems.

So I'm pretty sure I'm breaking the 2001 bone rig when I'm adjusting it to fit the model I'm trying to put it in to.

But don't know when nor can't tell when I'm breaking it.

I scaled the model over the bone structure with out moving around the bone rig and that seemed to work a lot better.

Not sure if every thing fully worked for AM crashed on me :( and I had to start over again, what I've not yet done.

I've set aside the 2001 bone rig that comes with AM and tried building and setting up a working bone structure in a models right leg from scratch. But I'm failing at this to.

Is there any tutorial that starts with fewer bones and explains in more detail how to set them up and to what things I need to pay attention to when moving bones around.

For I'm clearly missing some thing...

Regards,

Wildcard

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hash Fellow
I'm still very new to AM and all, but I can't grasp how bones work.

Watched several tutorials where the 2001 bone rig was used on a model, adjusted and animated.

Several? Are you doing THE tut in TAoA:M? "Show Some Back Bone"? That's the one for installation.

When you are rigging, always adjust bones with the Rotate, Translate, or Scale manipulators, don't' just click on them and drag them around.

When you Rotate, Translate, or Scale a bone, its children are Rotated, Translated, or Scaled with it. This makes it easy to move or scale a whole leg at once, for example.

Is there any tutorial that starts with fewer bones

watch "the simplest IK leg":

http://www.brilliantisland.com/am/amtutorials.htm

After you watch Robcat's tut, here are some tuts that cover adding bones, assigning control points to bones and building a simple rig.

Building Your First Rig: Part 1

29ed4da8c3d3f5a3ae7c

Building Your First Rig: part 2

4421218a51b1e1f1b0ba

If the second video does not play for you, you can watch this one, but the audio goes out of sync during the second half.

http://amfilms.hash.com/video/197/Building...irst-Rig-Part-2

After you watch Robcat's tut, here are some tuts that cover adding bones, assigning control points to bones and building a simple rig.

Building Your First Rig: Part 1

29ed4da8c3d3f5a3ae7c

Building Your First Rig: part 2

4421218a51b1e1f1b0ba

If the second video does not play for you, you can watch this one, but the audio goes out of sync during the second half.

http://amfilms.hash.com/video/197/Building...irst-Rig-Part-2

thanks these are a great help. got my first tryout rig working and the model is pretty much doing what i want it to do.

ah pheeeeewww..

watched 1.25 out of 2 and in dire need of r&r...

that is one amazing tutorial, a base camp not only for rigging as such, but for constraints and relationships.

this should be on the front page with lights blinking around it.

can't anyone help with the Flash functions, how to access that film with synched sound?

does anyone have a friend who knows ActiveX secrets?

who does it work for, what do i need? it plays video but not audio for me.