Hash, Inc. Forums

glow and reflection

jason1025

Glow also has problems when rendered together with volumetrics or fog. I have just filed an error report on other problems with volumetrics

http://www.hash.com/forums/index.php?showt...mp;#entry340916

so maybe there is a complex of issues revolving around smokelike rendering (volumetric/fog/glow).

Unfortunately it seems that vers. 16 suffers from the same problems.

Made a quick render test to illustrate the glow problems...looks weird! The same scene rendered in vers 15 don't show the green colorings but on the other hand doesn't show any glow at all. If rendered with standard - no multipassing - renderer glow works ok, but other volumetrics related problems then arise.

Hmmm, I see what you mean, it seems to have a hint of the colour it's supposed to, but is more white than anything

reflect24.png

It is too bright than... If you render an EXR you should be able to bring it back into visible range.

*Fuchur*

i use a cheap fix... i render out just the group (make a separate model and render with alfa) and take the reflection only into after effects (composite on top layer) and then add the glow. yeah, it's a cheap fix, but i tend to get good results. would love it if am could do it all, but for now ae seems to fix the problem.