Hash, Inc. Forums
Sign in to follow this  
wildcard

Trouble Installing AM

I hope the AM community is able to assist while I wait for support to respond.

I recently order Animation Master, received a ftp link with a AMNet.exe installer along with an activation code.

When I installed it, it didn't ask me to enter a serial number or anything it just installed and was working.

Yesterday I received my order and took the CD and hoped to access the library files on the CD, but some how this didn't work.

So after some time fooling around, I uninstalled AM and reinstalled the copy on the CD.

Again it didn't ask for any serial or product code but showed me an over view with information

user: microsoft

company: microsoft

email:

serial: 0000000

This looked fishy so I dug through the registry and removed the key.

Now I restarted the installer and its asking for a product key, but the one I've received xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx doesn't fit in the serial box.

AM installed with out any issues with 7 zero's as serial number. But this can't be the proper way...

The product both from the ftp installer (AMNet.exe) or the CD version show that the product isn't activated when I click on Help>About Animation Master...

Creating a community account isn't working either for it reports its an invalid product key and I was able to enter the long product key I received with my order online from the hash shop.

I'm confused and some what lost :(

Welcome to the forum!

The installation thing is a bit hazy for me, I didn't know you got an instant down load version too when you bought the CD version, but that sounds cool.

The CD versions i've had in the past used a much shorter ser# than the Web versions. they don't use the same copy protection manner.

but in the mean time you can access any file on the CD in conventional Windows interface manner.

File>Open>navigate to folder on CD with stuff you want.

Models are .mdl

Projects are .prj

Choreogarphies are .cho

to name a few.

but in the mean time you can access any file on the CD in conventional Windows interface manner.

File>Open>navigate to folder on CD with stuff you want.

Models are .mdl

Projects are .prj

Choreogarphies are .cho

to name a few.

It could have been worse and not work at all :)

Regarding your cd product key, how did you obtain it?

In the box? e-mailed?

Regards,

Hi, welcome to the forum! So are you up and running with the app, or are you still trying to figure out the difference between them? Usually it's one or the other, the download or the cd, so what you're dealing with sounds like a bit of an oddball.

Just let us know if it's working and then we'll deal with any other issues. The "getting up and running" is often the trickiest part.

Regarding your cd product key, how did you obtain it?

In the box? e-mailed?

the last time I bought the CD version (I'm web version now) was v13 about four years ago and that was an "upgrade" so the CD didn't come with a new serial number, I used my v5 serial number from when i bought A:M in the 90's. I think it was in the manual cover. I still have it memorized.

That wasn't helpful, was it?

The product both from the ftp installer (AMNet.exe) or the CD version show that the product isn't activated when I click on Help>About Animation Master...

Creating a community account isn't working either for it reports its an invalid product key and I was able to enter the long product key I received with my order online from the hash shop.

I'm confused and some what lost :(

I can understand why it seems confusing. It is. However...

I have a CD version for 15 - have been using it forever - it has always said "not activated" under Expires. (In version 16 - I have noticed that Expires = Never).

So I wouldn't worry about that. I also don't think you have to worry about the serial number if any ol' number will do. It's having the CD in the drive at start up of A:M that is the copy protection mechanism. You can use this CD on any of your computers.

I would also not worry about creating a community account. I don't think I was successful at that either. The community window is not necessary for using with the CD. Or for anything that I can tell.

I am not sure if the community window is necessary for activating the subscription version (running without a CD)

I am not sure if the community window is necessary for activating the subscription version (running without a CD)

No it isn't. I have never needed the community window to activate a Web Subscription.

Hello,

Getting the CD data off the CD.

There is a folder on the CD called 'Data' you can just copy that over the folder called 'data' in your install folder

C:\program files\Hash Inc\V15.0\

by default. If you have a Web Code you can use that until it runs out and not worry about the CD version.

Check

http://www.hash.com/lib

The windows updater are as listed.

http://www.hash.com/ftp/pub/updates/windows/AMWeb.exe (Web Installer)

http://www.hash.com/ftp/pub/updates/windows/AMCD.exe (CD installer)

If you just want to download the data folder you can do that here.

http://www.hash.com/ftp/pub/misc/Data.zip

Serial number for the boxed version are stamped on page one of the manual and on the flap of the install CD sleeve. If you did not get one i will send one when i check support mail in a bit.

Community that is just a chat service in A:M it uses that serial number that is stamped in your manual not the activation code sent in the download or 'web' version.

Hope that helps.

Jason Simonds

Serial number for the boxed version are stamped on page one of the manual and on the flap of the install CD sleeve. If you did not get one i will send one when i check support mail in a bit.

BINGO!

Found the red ink stamped number both in the manual and on the CD.

Was expecting a sticker of some kind or at least some thing that clearly stated "Serial number: ..." or some thing else more fancy then this simple red ink stamped number :)

Reinstalled AM, with correct number. was able to create a community account and can now sign in

One thing I'm not sure about is that when I click Help>About Animation Master, it shows

"This Product is licensed to:" my name & serial number, but also "Expires: Not Activated" this correct?

Thanks for the help so far.

Regards

Wildcards

BINGO!

Found the red ink stamped number both in the manual and on the CD.

Was expecting a sticker of some kind or at least some thing that clearly stated "Serial number: ..." or some thing else more fancy then this simple red ink stamped number :)

Reinstalled AM, with correct number. was able to create a community account and can now sign in

One thing I'm not sure about is that when I click Help>About Animation Master, it shows

"This Product is licensed to:" my name & serial number, but also "Expires: Not Activated" this correct?

Thanks for the help so far.

Regards

Wildcards

The 'Not Activated' is because it's not a 'web' version. There could be better wordiing but it is what it is.

The serial number thing has been that way since like the 80's so it was never changed and just became confusing when we started having 2 version 'web' and 'cd' but that will change in V16.0

Thanks again!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this