Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Muscular Body

Well, I've tried following David Rogers' tutorial in his book. Here's what I have so far. I'm not necessarily going for 100% anatomically correct, but I would like that muscular/superhero style look. Please, crits are welcome as I'm not very good at the organic side of modeling :) Fortunately, about a year ago I did this fairly intensive study of the muscular male body for some superhero drawings I was doing, so I have a fair idea of the proportions on paper, translating to 3D is a bit trickier for me

post-9859-1289923819_thumb.png

post-9859-1289923827_thumb.png

post-9859-1289923833_thumb.png

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, this isn't for a specific character. As I said, I was just kind of following Rogers' tutorial and he just kinda went at it. Of course I'm making mine for more realistic proportions, the character he was modeling it for was short and had different proportioned body parts for the look he was going for. Perhaps I shall draw up some sort of superhero character or something to use

Yeah, what happened there is as test, I lifted the center up some (cause pecs aren't all one piece obviously), however, with the current density of the mesh, it makes the pecs become pointy and lose some definition, so I got to go in and add some more splines around the center so I can sculpt more properly

Yes. The top ring will hold the shape of the lower leg. The bottom ring will hold the shape of the foot. The center ring does the bending. Think of a drinking straw. If you bend it, the straw pinches around the bend. The bendable straws have those rings which hold the shape of the two parts of the straw so that they don't pinch.

Well after a bunch of searching, I found a few pics from the comics which I used as rough rotoscopes. Haven't done much tweaking since the CFA, but this turned out surprisingly well. Usually there's a lot I have to tweak after a CFA

post-9859-1290451297_thumb.png

Weee, simcloth is tricky, trying to find out why the cape disappears after frame one and doesn't drop or become fabricy. Lots of numbers to play with and using WillP's guide to Simcloth

Make sure the mesh with the clothe group isn't touching anything on the first frame of the simulation

The Simcloth will disappear if there's too many collisions. You may have already figured it out, but be sure to change your Chor's default Collision Tolerance setting. By default it's 3, which you probably don't want. Try setting it to 0.3 or 0.1 as a starting point. (Choreography -> Properties -> SimCloth)

• Hash Fellow

Simcloth need to start NOT in contact, or even close, to the mesh it will be contacting. If it's a cape start it detached and then move it into position at theback of neck.

Increase the "damping" to reduce liveliness.

Ok, thanks, I have now gotten rid of the deformations and the cape blows in the wind. I'm playing with the Stretch and Shear values and does this mean I can make the cape stretch as it would imply, because Superman has a fairly large cape and having it stretch would be good :)

Yeah, I kinda figured out the stretch setting a while ago, but what exactly is shearing? Now mind you, his cape isn't overly stiff and I think I'm close to something half decent with it. I did make his cape bigger. And what's the air drag do?

post-9859-1290545735_thumb.png

• Hash Fellow
Yeah, I kinda figured out the stretch setting a while ago, but what exactly is shearing?

shear.PNG

And what's the air drag do?

A chain mail shirt would have little air drag. A silk shirt would have much air drag.