Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Trainint WIP - Pumpjack

GruberR

Hello there!

After longer abstinence I finally started A:M again and thought that a pumpjack would be a good exercise for a mechanical object. Moving parts in various directions for rigging, both big and small parts to model. Right now it's in the "big parts completed" stage (attached is a quick render from the modeller).

Next steps: adding details like nuts and bolts, some gears and vents for the engine box, struts, walkways and ladders. Still lots of work to model but I'll post this with a question: any good tutorials or how-to's out there when it comes to texturing/weathering? I think... no, I know that I'll suck at that :( - and even though this is just a little side pet project I'd like it to look as good as possible. And a chrome bling-style pumpjack won't look realistic at all :)

Greetings,

Roman

post-2131-1289798216_thumb.png

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Added a whole lot of details to it, texturing still pending... The engine box is lacking some detail still and some nuts and bolts are missing. But I'm getting there. almost 12000 patches though. It HAS to hold up for some close ups, so everything is beveled.

post-2131-1290388031_thumb.png

Here's where most of the new patches are:

post-2131-1290388397_thumb.png

Still looking for some (render) time saving materials and weathering tutorials - any tipps?

BTW: I now have an actual plan for a short video with this - so it's still non-profit, but more than an exercise ;) I hope to have it done by mid January... So modelling should be complete around Christmas.

Greetings,

Atkelar