Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

2011/v16.0 Mascot Contest

Hello,

It 2011 and V16.0 coming up I'm going to open a mascot contest. The dead line will be 01/31/2011 and voting will began soon after that and last about 2 weeks. You cane mail all data and entries to support@hash.com. We have some siggraph Hash, Inc. jackets that we can give out to the winners if they would like them.

Rules:

1). All entries must be modeled and rendered in A:M. Third party paint programs like Photoshop can be used for painting texture decals

2). The images will be 480X640 in the splash screen, But i would like a image at least 1440x1920 so we have a high rez version for promo items and poster.

3). I will also need a render if just the characters with out a back drop in 480x640

3). By submitting your work, you are granting Hash, Inc license to reprint the work, including but not limited to promotional material, cd/dvd covers, splash screens, web sites, and articles

4). Submissions must be substantially original work done by the submitter, and the submitter must not use any copyrighted work without permission

Good Luck all!

Jason Simonds

Hash, Inc.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, I need to find someone to go through and edit my posts so I don't look so dumb here!

Ok, I moved the date to the last day of January. That is as long as I can put it off since we have a lot of shows in Jan/Feb. If the CD's are not done by the first big show we will just take v15.0 CDs with links to get v16.0 or something.

Good luck all.. Well maybe all but the ones that made fun of my spelling and typos haha!

:D Sowwy Jason

End of January, I had an idea, started today and I'm already halfway done the modeling. I was kind of expecting it to take a few weeks, but guess not :P Gives me time to focus on better rendering and lighting and texturing I guess

:D Sowwy Jason

End of January, I had an idea, started today and I'm already halfway done the modeling. I was kind of expecting it to take a few weeks, but guess not :P Gives me time to focus on better rendering and lighting and texturing I guess

Man no one is ever happy haha.

• 3 weeks later...
We are kiddin ya, bro. We love that stuff, turn that spell-chenker back off!

Haha, I know i play online games too, People love that fact my spelling is always there for a good joke.

I do not mind, i think it's as funny as you all do

• 3 weeks later...

I see it the same way: If it is a modelled car with A:M, a character or an abstract image created with A:M I dont have a problem with that at all.

As long as it was created with A:M it can be something else. Let it just look well. And since there will still be a voting the majority will still say what it should be.

I would like to see an abstract cool looking splash-screen. For an hobbist it doesnt make a big difference and for people like me, who are using A:M in a professional environment (too), I think we would be happy to be able to show the start of the programm to the customer without having to tell them why there is a toon-looking character on the screen. (I like the character, but in these situations it is really not helpful).

See you

*Fuchur*

I see it the same way: If it is a modelled car with A:M, a character or an abstract image created with A:M I dont have a problem with that at all.

As long as it was created with A:M it can be something else. Let it just look good. And since there will still be a voting the majority will still say what it should be

this is the point at which I'd like to get ....

I suppose one limitation on it being a non-character is if it's a known product like a car that has trademark considerations.

But Martin's the lawyer around here.

Valid point... I think it would have to be changed and needs to not use the emblem of the company.

See you

*Fuchur*

Hello,

I would say it can be anything you like car, tree, what not.

this opens new horizons ... a new splash screen is different than a new mascot, isn't it? I mean, a mascot can be a splash screen ...but every splash screen isn't necessarily a mascot..... and we are talking about a Mascot Contest... then .... Are we changing the course of the contest for a Splash Screen Contest ?

• Admin

It's likely too late this year but perhaps the next go around a collage of characters/objects could be used?

(Think a team of 6 to 12 differently styled characters from various dimensions all getting their photo taken at a local convention)

Don't forget that even if you do use a car you can throw a character in as well for good measure. ;)

• Admin

Every year there are dozens (hundreds?thousands?) of characters created in Animation:Master but for whatever reason the creators don't enter their characters. There may be good reason for this... for instance the character may have contractual considerations that prevent the designs from being displayed or they may be part of a short film running through the festival circuit that prevents public appearances outside that venue. Perhaps some think their characters lack appeal? No Way!!!

I'm tempted to name names and post some examples but don't want to sway votes in any way.

Bottom line... A:M Users have created some AMAZING characters over the years and these characters deserve to be seen and appreciated. Few have been seen far outside their creators' imagination.

• Admin
Yeah, I definitely fall into the category of those who don't think their creation is worthy

Aha! So you're the one gumming up the works! ;)

Slap a few of your characters into a scene with your starships in the background and you've got a serious contender.

31 Jan is far enough away that you could even collaborate with someone and share the prize.

I personally would not mind seeing a certain cathedral every time I open up A:M.

Unfortunately I get no splash screen :( One downfall of the Mac subscription.

I was working on a retro style robot for this, I dunno if I'll keep up with it or not

• Admin
Unfortunately I get no splash screen :( One downfall of the Mac subscription.

Goin up against heavyweight champion Marcos, heck no!

Well then... If you can't beat 'em join 'em!

Stalk Marcos daily until he agrees to collaborate and get that coveted space on the A:M CD.

(Kidding. :blink: I think.)

I had a character in mind but unless I can get it done in the next few days that deadline will be rough on me.

With a month to go it's worth a shot so I'm willing to give it a try.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeeeahh...I think I gave up on that :P, though I'll post a pic of what I was working on. There was gonna be a retro-bot and modernized looking robot, sorta to signify the advancements made in AM, yet how it keeps its own traditional values and those of the art of animation itself.

post-9859-1294722412_thumb.png

post-9859-1294722431_thumb.png

• Admin

About 20 or so of those guys all lined up marching with Thom leading the pack would signal to the troops that the next revolution in animation is about to be launched.

Nice robo!

(We still have the better part of the month until the deadline of the contest)