Hash, Inc. Forums

MY FIRST EVER EXTRUDED MODEL!

OK well heres my FIRST EVER EXTRUDED MODEL! Ok here are two pictures. the first non wire framed picture has a different head shape then the wired frame, because I tried something. Well I want to create the rest of the neck and the back of the head. Can somone help me?

post-7-1077759033.gif

• Admin

You've taken a big step into your future (Can you do that?)

I think everyone has at least one one-eyed creature. :lol:

You're in good company with Victor Navone, et al.

Look forward to seeing where you are going with this.

BTW: I've always wanted to tell you your avatar reminds me of Tron's central matrix (or whatever he was called).

• Admin

Just don't let me see you start a "My One-Eyed Movie" WIP thread... :blink:

Kinda neat idea though... after all our (real) world consists of an awful lot of people with two eyes. Stands to reason another world MIGHT have a majority of One-eyes.

And

Don't forget, a lot of people lathe the basic shapes of the body and even head and adjust from there...

Hide some mesh...

Copy some mesh...

Delete some mesh...

Add some mesh...

Repeat as necessary.

For the record here's one of my One Eyes:

hex6.jpg

Well I want to create the rest of the neck and the back of the head. Can somone help me?

Looks like you've got a good start... just throw some five-point patches on the back of the head to create a full, one-spline ring from which you can extrude downwards to create the neck.

Hope this helps, you've prolly got it by now anyway...

Zach

Actually I dont sorry! Maybe you could explain or show me?

Basically, you need to do two things: reduce the geometry on the back of the head using hooks, and "wrap" the splines around the back of the head using five-point patches.

You've got way too many splines in the back of the head, where (I presume) you won't need much detail. So add another spline ring and hook into it, reducing some of those extrusions.

A picture is worth a thousand words, so I attached a picture. It may not exactly be the best layout of splinage, but it could work.

Technical details on hooks and five-point patches can be found in the manual; in my copy they're on pages 127-131.

And finally, my younger, more handsome namesake (zacktaich) got it right: check out Colin's face tutorial. It's worth its weight in gold. (Do web pages have weight?)

Hope this helps,

Zach

post-7-1077886968.gif

I would like to thank everyone for helping me saddly I formated my drives. I thought that I saved my files but it seems I didnt. All my characters and animation files were lost. The good thing about it is that I can focus on modeling so I can create a character. The bad part is I dont have any pictures of my characters. Oh well!