Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Ipad

Shelton

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• *A:M User*

Thanks for the thoughts. I had a total knee replacement. Ouch! Looks like I will be here until Friday.

This little device let's me do work and play. I thought it was just a reader. But it is so much more.

Matt I have had two apples today!

Steve

Whenever I can get it away from my 7 yer old, I really like it. Robert, yep using the iPad to type. Works really well. Holmes that would be great and they have several apps that allow you to remote into the system to monitor, say for example, netserver. This one is called, ignition. I am about d/l it now. And,yes, titanium and a new composite that I could not pronounce. I can say the hospital I am at is top rate. They seam to bend over backwards for you! :P Thanks David! Mark, I d/l Wannabes last. Very nice.

Thanks, Shelton! I don't have an iPad myself, but some friends do and brought it over so that I could see how the issues looked on it. I really think it's the best possible way to view it. The colors are way brighter than they would be in print and you can read it a full page at a time. Really made me want one!

Hey shelton, feel better. That's a rough deal but it sounds like you're coming through all right. And yep, the iPad rocks! I don't use it nearly enough, but I downloaded my SECOND game last night! (haven't played it yet though)

Doctor has released me and I am home, swollen beyond belief. All the medical folks have stated concern and I have been instructions about this. But I am home :rolleyes: I got to see the home nurse and pt this afternoon. I am moving but not much. Hope to get back on AM next week. I hurt my knee as a tailback in school and getting a defender's helmet to my knee. After years of two major surgeries, three clean out surgeries, pain injections to the knee, I could no longer walk without pain and a major limp. But the final straw was during the water loss. The construction company left some furniture in our garage instead of carrying them upstairs. While my wife and I were carrying it in my knee buckled on the stairs and you can guess what happened from there

Once again I am using this incredible machine because I can not get up the stairs. We are having my animation machine moved down tomorrow.

Thanks for all the nice things that were said. It is not over yet but it's a start.

Steve

• Hash Fellow
I hurt my knee as a tailback in school ...

Interesting to hear the background on that. May you be recovered soon and may your new knee be durable! Do they give you your old knee in a jar? :)

My Dad had a knee put in about 7 years ago and it took him quite a while to get over that but he was nearly 90. You will bounce back sooner.

Geez...another football injury. I regret having skipped playing high school football, maybe it was for the better. Sounds like you put-up with a LOT of pain for many years- and you will soon be liberated from it... I am happy for you... what a wonderous age we live in... the replacement joints are better today than they were just 5 years ago.

I have had my pain meeds changed and I am becoming more of myself again. I want to apologize if I offended anyone over the past couple of weeks. I read some posts earlier that I typed that I do not remember typing. Some of them I have deleted or edited.

Looking forward to next week when I can sit and work on some ideas. One thing about the old drugs I now have some new directions to work with :blink:

Steve

I'm really, really glad to hear you're doing better! May the discomfort continue to ease up as you heal.

(Not sure, but just in case: I've read your posts and I never saw any that were offensive in any way. I hope you didn't think any of my crazy comments in the thread on "screen size" were in response to anything you said? That was me clowning around, and just being silly. I can't blame it on any drugs, recreational or otherwise.)

Hey, I went to an Apple store today and got a Pogo Stick, a stylus that will interact with the iPad screen! Great for drawing (much better than a finger) and works with any capacitive screen. Fifteen bucks. and it clips right on the iPad case.

• Hash Fellow
Hey, I went to an Apple store today and got a Pogo Stick, a stylus that will interact with the iPad screen! Great for drawing (much better than a finger) and works with any capacitive screen. Fifteen bucks. and it clips right on the iPad case.

Would a severed finger do the same thing? Aside from clipping on the case.

Now if there was only an app that let you manage your A:M render farm from bed.... :)

Do you have a titanium knee now?

Look at VNC. With an Static IP at home, I can control my astronomical observatory from anywhere I can get a 3G or WiFi signal.

Now you have rehab to look forward to......

Now if there was only an app that let you manage your A:M render farm from bed.... :)

Look at VNC. With an Static IP at home, I can control my astronomical observatory from anywhere I can get a 3G or WiFi signal.

For my "other" job as software developer/support we use Logmein.com. While it has a fee attached, it is more secure than vnc (I use that too).

Yeah, I've got a couple of drawing apps but drawing with the finger is not as intuitive or fun as I anticipated. Having the Pogo to draw with feels a lot more natural, though I haven't done nearly as much with the apps or the iPad as I would like.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Chris

Unfortunately, I have had a series of return trips to er and dr culminating with a second procedure and possible a reopening of the knee. The last two years have been a challange, onset of diabetes, back injury that requires surgery, water loss at the house, lost data files, computer crashes, and now this knee. Thankful for all the rest, but it seems when something happens it goes on and on. Sorry for venting.

Chris I was able to sit for the first time in front of AM last night for an hour. :rolleyes:

Steve

For my "other" job as software developer/support we use Logmein.com. While it has a fee attached, it is more secure than vnc (I use that too).

I said it before: Have a look at TeamViewer... it is much easier, doesnt need a static IP or anything like that, can't be blocked by a firewall (works on port 80, so if you block that, people want be able to use normal websites anymore), has not to be installed, and so on... it is just very very useful for remote-control-stuff... You can use very long passwords to create a very secure connection (so it is not a VPN-tunnel). Very easy, very fast, very fine thing.

See you

*Fuchur*

Hey Steve, add me to the list of well-wishers. Let us know as soon as you can how things went.

Don't know if I've mentioned this but my wife's from Tulsa and I lived there for three years back in Ye Twentiethe Centurie. Still think fond thoughts of the Boston Ave. Market and the Nine of Cups!

I have made it home and thank you for the well wishes. it was an eventful day. I now embark on a new recovery path.

Gerry, Tulsa has changed a great deal but, yet some things never change. Utica square remains the same but the downtown has seen several projects to make it new and different. I miss some of the old areas but I have to say the new ones are fun too.

Steve

Yikes! I just caught up on this thread and it seems that you have sure been going through it, Steve. I hope that it all comes right for you now. If it's any consolation, Steve, the past two years have been really tough for me too. Luckily we're the kind of guys who like a challenge. ;) You'll have to wait for your knighthood until you can kneel.

Just enjoy your recovery period accompanied by all of your favourite things.

• Hash Fellow
I have made it home and thank you for the well wishes. it was an eventful day. I now embark on a new recovery path.

Just in case I should kneed a knee in the future, did something go wrong to require the third op or was that normal procedure?

Man! Wish you a fine recovery! And a reduction of your trials and tribulations!

Saw the post from your iPad while visiting the forum with my new iPhone. Haven't figured out to upload a picture, so I'll post a picture of what I was using before a bit later.

Wishing you well!

OK, here is a picture of what I was using before the iPhone...

WaxMan.jpg

Thanks Holmes.

Thanks Paul.

Robert something went wrong with the first surgery. Bleeding internally caused issues from the start. Got the drain out today and ouch!

William thanks and I am glad you got new iPhone.

Steve