Hash, Inc. Forums

why does this TSM2 script line not work?

robcat2075

• Hash Fellow

By the process of elimination I've found one line in my TSM2 script that is causing a crash. The second line here:

in on/off pose unprefixed "eyebrow middle averaging" in folder "Setups - do not touch"
		compensated orient like constrain "eyebrowleftMiddleOrigin" to "eyebrowleftOuterGeom"

My experience is that when a script crashes TSM2 it is because a bone name in quotes is misspelled. (A misspelled script command only causes TSM2 to give up without a crash.)

But both those bone names are spelled correctly including capitalization.

I can make this constraint manually so it's not an illegal circular constraint.

Robert ... Not sure if this is what you are talking about but in earlier version of A:M, you couldn't do something like this ...

Pose ON

Bone_1 Orient Like Bone_2 100%

Bone_2 Orient Like Bone_1 0%

Pose OFF

Bone_1 Orient Like Bone_2 0%

Bone_2 Orient Like Bone_1 100%

That would throw a circularity error ... But in version 13 and above it doesn't throw an error anymore. I use this all the time in my rigs when switching from FK to IK to keep the bones rotation and translation associated with each other.

• Hash Fellow

I've found the problem; you can't specify "on/off" in a line that also specifies "in folder"

in on/off pose unprefixed "eyebrow middle averaging" in folder "Setups - do not touch"
		compensated orient like constrain "eyebrowleftMiddleOrigin" to "eyebrowleftOuterGeom"

It eluded me because if I just ran the script with the first line the relationship and folder would get created (with no bones, of course) but if I added second line I'd get the crash, making it look like the second line was the problem.

But if i take the "on/off" out, both lines will be performed correctly.

This only took me a week to chase down.

• Hash Fellow
I wish I knew what you are doing... I've rigged using TSM2 and never ran acrosst any of this tom-foolery. Does this have something to do with your 'Cool Tricks you can do with TSM2...coming soon' from the TSM2 now free thread of 2007? :)

I call this "the Face Contraption"

I made a replacement neck.mdl component for TSM2Builder to call

FaceContraption.JPG

What you do is move and scale a few key parent bones into place to fit the clusters to your face mesh. Then TSM rigger uses my new neck script to create all the fanbones and constraints and pose sliders and control bones and hide everything you don't need to see.

Of course you still have to attach CPs and weighting the cheeks is still complicated

I used it for a bunch of characters I rigged for Kevin Detwiler and it sped up my work but it never got to the point of being simple enough to throw out on the forum and expect that anyone else would "get it" and not get frustrated.

When Kevin gets his show done I'll be able to put a clip up and people can see it working.