Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

amxTex Export

mschoenhals

Hi all,

I'm hoping some of you guru's might help my students out. We are using 3D Game Studio to develop a 3D game and AM for character development. When using AmxTex to export, AM crashes with some models; and some models it works fine with.

Even when we remove the rigging and strip down a model we still encounter crashes. I've attached a simple model (designed after Jeff Lew's Killer Bean) that won't export.

Any ideas on what we should try?

Mike

Bean.mdl

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm? Looks like you are using version 15? It did export correctly from version 13. I loaded it into Dark Basic and everything seems to look okay ... other then you will have to turn on back facing polygons or flip the normals on some of the model so that they are facing out. I have uploaded the exported version to see if it will also work for you. Sorry I can't be more help when it comes to version 15 ...

Bean.zip

I had to place the file into a ZIP file because the forum won't allow me to upload an ".X" file.

We have the lab license for AM 15h.

Hi all,

I'm hoping some of you guru's might help my students out. We are using 3D Game Studio to develop a 3D game and AM for character development. When using AmxTex to export, AM crashes with some models; and some models it works fine with.

Even when we remove the rigging and strip down a model we still encounter crashes. I've attached a simple model (designed after Jeff Lew's Killer Bean) that won't export.

Any ideas on what we should try?

Mike

Thanks very much Wedgeguy. You were able to open the model in version 13 despite it being created in 15? I do have a disk version for 13; maybe we should be trying that?

Hmmm? Looks like you are using version 15? It did export correctly from version 13. I loaded it into Dark Basic and everything seems to look okay ... other then you will have to turn on back facing polygons or flip the normals on some of the model so that they are facing out. I have uploaded the exported version to see if it will also work for you. Sorry I can't be more help when it comes to version 15 ...

Bean.zip

I had to place the file into a ZIP file because the forum won't allow me to upload an ".X" file.

• Hash Fellow

You really ought to do the free update to v15j+, to make sure you're not dealing with some bug that's been fixed and to get all the other fixes and updates.

However... there was a big change with v15f regarding how plugins had to be compiled. It *may* be that your AMxTex plugin really wants to be used in a version before v15f. You might install some prior version on one PC to try. Or that v13 you have a disk for.

I don't think that v15j is available for the lab license network. I do have the web version at home that is v15j+ - I'll give that a try at home. :)

You really ought to do the free update to v15j+, to make sure you're not dealing with some bug that's been fixed and to get all the other fixes and updates.

However... there was a big change with v15f regarding how plugins had to be compiled. It *may* be that your AMxTex plugin really wants to be used in a version before v15f. You might install some prior version on one PC to try. Or that v13 you have a disk for.

Yep ... Although not EVERY model might load correctly. Basic modeling and bones SHOULD load no problem. Not sure if you used weighting in the newer versions how that might work. You will be prompted about the model being created in a another version and may not load correctly ... just click "Ok" to continue loading it. Between version 12 and 13 is where you will have problems. They changed the format that the model is stored as into the XML format. I did have the subscription version 15d at one time and I believe it did work properly from there. The only other thing I suggest is to make sure the modeling window is visible with the character before exporting. The same goes for the action window if you assign any animation to the X model.