Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Pose Slider help

Shelton

• *A:M User*

Is there a way to set up the pose slider to be segmented into 9 steps. I am making a locomotive throttle and there are 9 positions (idle plus 8 run). This applies to all the sliders in the new animation I am working on. Also as the slider hits run poisition 3 a three will need to be displayed on the throttle. Just need a little help to get things going

Steve

third0.jpg

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Hash Fellow

RMB on the pose's name in the Pose slider window while you are editing it>Settings

You can then set min and max values for the pose. Set 0 and 8 and the slider will have 9 steps although you can still enter decimal values in the numeric field.

RMB on the pose's name in the Pose slider window while you are editing it>Settings

You can then set min and max values for the pose. Set 0 and 8 and the slider will have 9 steps although you can still enter decimal values in the numeric field.

I learn something new in A:M every day :) I didn't know this

I learn something new in A:M every day :) I didn't know this

It's great for making negative values as well; if, for example, you want something like a smile/frown pose. No need to zero in the pose at 50, you can just have the min value to -100.

• *A:M User*

silly me I was not building the pose first. I was trying to set up a relationship first. Anyway it worked like a charm. My throttle and brakes have the step effect I wanted. Thanks for the help

Steve