Hash, Inc. Forums
jannus850

rotoscope with video gives error

I want to use a video as background in AM2005. When I use one picture (bpm) as rotoscope rendering will go fine but as soon I use more pictures as a sequence or an video avi file rendering gives an error and abort. In the past I had no errors in doing that. What may be the course of these errors now.

I want to use a video as background in AM2005. When I use one picture (bpm) as rotoscope rendering will go fine but as soon I use more pictures as a sequence or an video avi file rendering gives an error and abort. In the past I had no errors in doing that. What may be the course of these errors now.

Can you make a small Project that gives you this problem and post it? It would help in diagnosing the problem. Don't forget to embed everything.

As you are using an old version of A:M, the video is likely using a modern codec (compression coding/decoding).

Others have had success exporting the video to sequential images for importing into A:M.

The sequential images may also be causing you problems.

The image sequence must be properly formatted.

image001.bmp

image002.bmp

image003.bmp

image004.bmp

image005.bmp

etc.

Note: These are examples only. As long as the filename is set sequentially as 'filename and number with extension' the images should import.

Note: I never use BMP and generally recommend other formats. You shouldn't have problems with BMP though.

Several other image formats have been added to A:M since 2005 but you should be able to use .JPG in the program.

Earlier versions of A:M also didn't deal well with variable sizes of images in the same sequence.

Make sure they are all the same size and resolution.

For more guessing at the problem... we'll have to know more. ;)

I work with 2 PC's with XP and the same AM version. On my old PC AM works well with a rotoscope with avi or a bmp sequence, on the new PC it do'nt. When I look in the OpenGL option menu of AM I see for my old PC Version 1.5.4454, Vendor ATI Technologies, Renderer RADEON X300 x86/SSE2 and on my new PC Version 4.0.10055 Compatibility Profile Context, Vendor ATI Technologies, Renderer ASUS EAH5770 Series. Is that a possible cause ??

I work with 2 PC's with XP and the same AM version. On my old PC AM works well with a rotoscope with avi or a bmp sequence, on the new PC it do'nt. When I look in the OpenGL option menu of AM I see for my old PC Version 1.5.4454, Vendor ATI Technologies, Renderer RADEON X300 x86/SSE2 and on my new PC Version 4.0.10055 Compatibility Profile Context, Vendor ATI Technologies, Renderer ASUS EAH5770 Series. Is that a possible course ??

If it works on one and not the other, video card drivers could be the culprit. Sometimes a new set of drivers won't work as well as an old set and you have to roll back to an older driver. Most times it's the other way around, but in your case, it looks like an older driver may be what you need.

You could also try using DirectX instead of OpenGL in A:M.

Hope that helps.

I work with 2 PC's with XP and the same AM version. On my old PC AM works well with a rotoscope with avi or a bmp sequence, on the new PC it do'nt. When I look in the OpenGL option menu of AM I see for my old PC Version 1.5.4454, Vendor ATI Technologies, Renderer RADEON X300 x86/SSE2 and on my new PC Version 4.0.10055 Compatibility Profile Context, Vendor ATI Technologies, Renderer ASUS EAH5770 Series. Is that a possible course ??

If it works on one and not the other, video card drivers could be the culprit. Sometimes a new set of drivers won't work as well as an old set and you have to roll back to an older driver. Most times it's the other way around, but in your case, it looks like an older driver may be what you need.

You could also try using DirectX instead of OpenGL in A:M.

Hope that helps.

You are right. It was the driver and DirectX works well. THANKS.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.