Hash, Inc. Forums
Sign in to follow this  
pixelplucker

UV mapping errors

I initially started to use cylindrical mapping and now I can't change it to planer even though all stamps were removed. Menu shows the mapping as planer but the image distorts horribly on the stamps and projection paint doesn't apply properly on the model.

Seems like uv's are baked permanently on the model...

Do I start from scratch?

I noticed that the patch select tool sometimes selects edges and when that happens the edges show in groups causing some issues with duplicate cp's when re-opening the file.

Most of the time I'm working in the lowest smooth or in wire frame mode to avoid the screen refresh glitch I run into so it is kind of tough to work and repeat any errors here.

Squirrel.zip

Explain the problem more.

When I do squirrel>decals>squirrel1>edit i see the whole layout and the few bits of color on the image seem to be showing up on corresponding places on the model.

The pink paw prints seem not to be placed on the right part of the image to show up on the right part of the model. Is it that you plainted them one place and they show up somewhere else?

When you set a decal to cylindrical mapping, the image's "x repeat" property gets set to "3". Try setting it back to "1" and see if that helps.

Setting repeat back did the trick, I was going nuts trying to figure that out, thought there were some duplicate uv data in the file that wasn't being purged.

Thanks a ton!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this