Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Anyone got chrome?

TheSpleen

• Hash Fellow
I get such enjoyment out the whole process....to me it's pure fun.

I wanted to animate all my life. I became a very good cartoonist and made a living at it at times.

But animation was beyond me.

So yeah,

I am just having fun.

I wish i could get back to that having fun part. If you bottle it, let me know.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin
I said "Tada!"

I read that as "TAA. DA!!!" which I misinterpreted as "Okay, that's it. I've had it. I refuse to tweak another spline. I quit!

I'm always getting those terminal signals mixed up. :wacko:

There is a reason these are called "Special Topics" my friend.

When you finish a short film, it's time to celebrate!

So... um... what's next. :lol:

LOL

That was my big video release. I open the curtain and yell TADA! while the band plays.

Yall just couldn't hear the band or see the curtains.

Thus.......just "Tada!"

;)

All kidding aside I like the video but I see so many things wrong with it, But at the same time so many things right with it.

And Myron made some great props.

Advice on after effects I am interested in but I priced Adobe after effects and snorted milk out my nose.

Suggestions on a good prog?

Gene

• Admin
Advice on after effects I am interested in but I priced Adobe after effects and snorted milk out my nose.

Suggestions on a good prog?

If you prefer not to invest in a program like AE I can think of one program that you already have that can do wonders with post production effects; Animation:Master.

To make the most use of post effects I recommend rendering out to EXR format with all of the various (Normals, Lights, etc.) buffers set to on. Then you can relight and alter images by creating a new composite project and animating the Post Effects in A:M. Note that some Buffers don't automatically get placed into the Composite when it is built so those must be dragged and dropped into the Post Effect. Of course there is now the FakeAO Post Effect which appears to be all the rage.

Learning more about A:M's hidden features might be something worth pursuing between projects when the pressure to get a short finished isn't as intense.

The Composite feature doesn't work as well with other types of imagery. It appears to be optimized for A:M's EXR format.

Edit: What Robert said!

After Effects is a great app but very expensive indeed. I'm not sure exactly what you are looking for but if it is simply a video editor in which you can lay out your sequences, add sound, transitions, etc then you should take a look at the very affordable AVS Suite of programs. You get alot for your money.Video editor, converter, audio software, DVD authoring, screen capture software and much, much more

$59 for the unlimited version if you order before Jan 11th.

It isn't After Effects but it does give you some basic tools that are well worth the price, especially if you don't have a video editor already. The video converter is the only one that I have found which will convert video successfully for my mpeg 4 player.

Try before you buy:

http://www.avs4you.com/Register.aspx

• 9 months later...

Love to see these older threads rise to top and get a glimpse of what some folks can really do with Animation Master----------Gene-----wow ---just so inspiring --your modeling is awesome man. And I know why ---one you have talent for two people and second I noticed on one of your screen postings it was 330 am ----That's burning the midnight oil .......You obvious work hard at this and show the way its done ---- great work!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

B)

Love to see these older threads rise to top and get a glimpse of what some folks can really do with Animation Master----------Gene-----wow ---just so inspiring --your modeling is awesome man. And I know why ---one you have talent for two people and second I noticed on one of your screen postings it was 330 am ----That's burning the midnight oil .......You obvious work hard at this and show the way its done ---- great work!

Just read this. Thank You!

Gene