Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Anyone got chrome?

TheSpleen

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are a couple of chrome materials on the Extra's CD.

Good Looking bike, I'm sure it will go faster once you combine those two pictures and get that back wheel on the frame, ;)

Your modeling keeps getting better and better.

Nice looking bike Spleen! For a quick and dirty chrome like effect, try applying an environment map. That will give you fake reflections even though your choreography doesn't have much to reflect.

Thank you for the tip!

Never really tried chrome before.

a rim light and a headlight are two different things.

To add a permanent rim light to your model that is always there, make a Gradient material, set it's Edge Threshold to something between 25% and 50% and increase the Ambiance Intensity on the second attribute of the material.

To add a permanent Headlight, in the Model window, go into Bones Mode, right-click in the window and choose New > Light. Then position the light bone where you want. You will probably want to change the light type to "klieg".

• Hash Fellow

A persistent blip in A:M is that reflective surfaces don't correctly reflect the camera background color which serves as the "sky" color in most scenes.

To get a blue sky reflecting in your chrome you'll need to put a blue sky dome over your scene.

A persistent blip in A:M is that reflective surfaces don't correctly reflect the camera background color which serves as the "sky" color in most scenes.

To get a blue sky reflecting in your chrome you'll need to put a blue sky dome over your scene.

I will give that a try when I start animating.

right now still more work to do on bike.

Here's some different settings - I like to add specular color for interesting colorizing (make sure your lights have spec setting turned on).

left thingy - spec color is turquoisey, right is golden color

play with spec intensity, size, reflectivity amount, reflectivity filtering, blend

Use a landscape image (or any background) in the environment material, as well as turn on reflectivity for chrome parts

reflectspecenviron0.jpg

In Oregon City, southeast of Portland, there is a long established Blues Bar called the Trails End Saloon. I wanted to make a recognizable model for this upcoming video that I'm helping Gene with. I think I came pretty close. I'm hoping it will show up in more than one video.

It really feels good working with A:M again. I've missed it.

Thanks to DJBREIT for the utility poles. I stripped them down quite a bit because the patch count was getting up there. Hope you don't mind too much.

Trails_Ext.jpg

trail__s_end.jpg

Final_Tail__s_End_Exterior.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Admin

Woah! I missed the release announcement on this one.

These releases should have some serious fanfare!

Wonderful work. Impressive detail.

I'd imagine the locals who know the musician, lay of the land and the lore will be even more impressed.

There is a final 10% post prodution polish that I feel would make this one the stuff of legend.

Note: These could be considered degraders that actually reduce the current work just a little bit but improve the consisency overall throughout the film (subtle film and foley effects to blend everything from start to finish). Post Production artists would know a lot more about this than me.

464 views in 2 days not bad for getting out of the gate.

it will slack off a little now though.

I think that is pretty good considering the release with little/no fanfare.

Keep it up Mr. Spleengene!

Added: Something to consider... when text is on screen it takes a little while for the viewer to adjust and then read the text. As important as the signage is to highlight the title character (Hey... people like to see their names nice big and clearly readable!) those moments may need a little more time to connect. I saw a breakdown of how long text should be onscreen in order to be assimilated and I'll try to track that down.

• Admin

I'm trying to imagine this video being played in the actual bar.

What an event! :)

I don't know the setup of screens or how this'd play but can easily see it playing in front of a crowd as a warmup.

I assume having the empty stage at the end might be designed for other musicians to take center stage?

Inquiring minds want to know more about this Myron and Gene!

Confess your behind the scenes and workflow secrets!

Inquiring minds want to know more about this Myron and Gene!

Confess your behind the scenes and workflow secrets!

I had Myron make many models which indeed speeded me up.

I tend to keep scenes rendering at all times, while one scene is rendering I will be working on the next scene.

The artist "Franco Paletta" and his promoter seem to be overjoyed with it.

Hopefully this will bring me a paying gig.

Gene

• Admin
I had Myron make many models which indeed speeded me up.

I tend to keep scenes rendering at all times, while one scene is rendering I will be working on the next scene.

The artist "Franco Paletta" and his promoter seem to be overjoyed with it.

Small collaborative teams seem to be the way to go these days.

Continually rendering systems seems inevitable. (and productive!)

Hopefully this will bring me a paying gig.

As people see your presentations its sure to put your name out there as a producer of quality and reliability.

I've seen your R&D pay off with each project you keep getting better and better.

If nothing else it sounds like you've made of fan out of Franco Paletta!

I get such enjoyment out the whole process....to me it's pure fun.

I wanted to animate all my life. I became a very good cartoonist and made a living at it at times.

But animation was beyond me.

So yeah,

I am just having fun.

Gene