Hash, Inc. Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thekamps

TWO characters available to the public?

And if so, where can they be found?

I'd like to use them for a little animation.

(I used to have them on my hard drive but lost them when I had to reformat...)

The TWO characters are still not released publicly as of this date.

As TWO is making the festival rounds and SO is approaching completion its still a little early to release to the public or for the purpose of creating derivative works. If interest in using the characters compels you beyond that restriction the character are still available for TWO/SO related works. If the subject matter of your project and that of TWO/SO align the resources are certainly available for that purpose.

My unofficial take on it...

Thanks. I'll try and do something else.

I was just going to have them all at the bus stop with their "hollywood or bust" signs, each doing something in character.

Thanks. I'll try and do something else.

I was just going to have them all at the bus stop with their "hollywood or bust" signs, each doing something in character.

awww...I say go for it. Sounds good.

I was going to use some TWO characters in my Bus Stop segment. But now I can't.

I was going to use some TWO characters in my Bus Stop segment. But now I can't.

I'm using modified TWO characters for busstop (almost done)

If I recall correctly, there was the agreement that TWO people could use their TWO work (models, textures, animation, etc) to promote themselves. Hash does not have exclusivity from what I recall. So IMO, bus stop (and other projects) qualify. Also, at one time, weren't the TWO characters being sold to schools, with script, etc as part of TWO university or something like that? Using and getting those characters out there helps promote A:M, as well as promote TWO.

That's the way I see it.

If I recall correctly, there was the agreement that TWO people could use their TWO work (models, textures, animation, etc) to promote themselves. Hash does not have exclusivity from what I recall. So IMO, bus stop (and other projects) qualify. Also, at one time, weren't the TWO characters being sold to schools, with script, etc as part of TWO university or something like that? Using and getting those characters out there helps promote A:M, as well as promote TWO.

This is very true Nancy. I was answering the main question ("Have the TWO characters been released to the public?" No, they haven't.) and I should have read into it a little more. Most everyone that worked on TWO has the files tucked away and if you search around the internet you'll see some animation tests etc.

If you worked on TWO and have lost the files just reconnect to SVN and access them.

not 'the public'--just everyone who own Animation:Master and has a copy of them!!!

My understanding is that everyone who contributed did so knowing that the work would be redistributed to the 'community' once TWO was done.

So in my opinion, Scarecrow of Oz is the first (of many?) derivative works--since it could reuse assets created for the first production. I think ANYONE should be able to use those characters in the bus stop, just as much as 'keekat' (a copyrighted character from "Paw Island") or ANY of the many free models donated to the A:M community over the years.

Rodney, you may not intend to come across as owning those assets, but that is how your post came across...I'm suprised that those assets aren't freely downloadable already (if they aren't).

Rodney, you may not intend to come across as owning those assets, but that is how your post came across...I'm suprised that those assets aren't freely downloadable already (if they aren't).

I did see my post as being representative pending input from those more involved in TWO.

If I were to see a green light that suggests the characters can be distributed, I'm 100%+ in favor of seeing them distributed.

A TWO resources DVD would be ideal.

I was in favor of releasing the characters -during- the production of TWO and still am.

One must remember that toward the middle of production and immediately after TWO was in the can, interest in the characters fell off dramatically (pun intended). Everyone seemed burned out on the characters. TWO characters were to be released to the A:M Community but only a few appeared interested.

If there is interest in seeing the TWO characters released to the public those interested should post here! :)

If there is interest in seeing the TWO characters released to the public those interested should post here! :)

Break those chains, tote that bale, fly like the wind! uhhh...not sure where you'd put them...itsa lotta biggabytes (including sets, props, etc or just characters? )

Break those chains, tote that bale, fly like the wind! uhhh...not sure where you'd put them...itsa lotta biggabytes (including sets, props, etc or just characters? )

Good point Nancy.

Should we expect interest to lessen if the resources are available strictly via DVD (i.e. with a similar cost of shipping and handling fee as with the Extra DVD)? It seems reasonable that key assets would be hosted online so that everyone could get a good idea of what to expect with the rest.

Potential caviets: Very few TWO resources are optimized for general usage. Most are production ready assets and some quite computer intensive. I know it'd take a team of folks to optimize them and prep them for newbie usage. Of course the resources could also be released 'as is' with a troubleshooting tailend of that to be expected.

A forum area could be set up to optimize a set of key TWO assets.

Those on that team could then have first crack at them.

Just thinking about the options... not planning anything at this stage... except the resources eventual release.

Use away, I say. Else we could make a CG cupboard for them gather CG dust in.