Hash, Inc. Forums

Happy Birthday

John Bigboote

I was looking down at the bottom of the forum where it shows todays Birthday Hasher's... I saw that Steve Anzovin would be 56 today. He may be gone, but not forgotten. Whenever I rig a character with TSM2- at that magical point where you hit the 'rig' button and you sit back and watch all the work going on... I always say- Thanks Steve...Thanks Raf! Steve loved A:M.

To the best of my knowledge...Steve Anzovin was a talented animator, programmer and A:M champion. He and his son, Rafael (Raf) founded Anzovin Studio, which makes both animations and animation programs. They made a utility for A:M back in 2003-4 called 'The Setup Machine' which automated the rigging process, and gave you a great rig for animating. They later updated it to TSM2 in 2006 and made it available for Maya at that time. The Maya sales were high enough that they decided to drop TSM2 support and sales for A:M altogether, as Anzovin Studios also switched to Maya. Steve later passed away, and Raf gratiously made TSM2 for A:M a free unsupported utility. Anzovin Studios continues to produce shorts, programming, and gaming. http://anzovin.com/

The last film they worked on together had a 'father-son' theme... it was called The Duel... made with Animation:Master.

When I look back, he's one of the people I say 'where would I be if not for him'... Martin Hash is on that list as well. I met the Anzovins at Siggraph in 1999, Raf was a demonstrator for A:M, at the age of 19. I thought Steve was a genius, and he treated me the same.