Hash, Inc. Forums

my bus stop

thefreshestever

Looks great, Sebastian! The only thing I noticed that hasn't been mentioned is the darker mark on the back of the hand...I'm guessing that it is caused by a hook reacting badly to AO?

yes, i hate those things... there´s one at the head too, but you can only see it at the end when you scrub through the movie... ist there a trick to avoid these? or do i just have to get rid of these hooks? i mean i will have to use some hooks, at least at the hands...

Looks great, Sebastian! The only thing I noticed that hasn't been mentioned is the darker mark on the back of the hand...I'm guessing that it is caused by a hook reacting badly to AO?

yes, i hate those things... there´s one at the head too, but you can only see it at the end when you scrub through the movie... ist there a trick to avoid these? or do i just have to get rid of these hooks? i mean i will have to use some hooks, at least at the hands...

I haven't done any experiments lately, but I thought that the problem was fixed in v15...I could be wrong though. If you're rendering in v15, then I am.

If it hasn't been fixed, I would avoid AO renders and fake the look if it was what I really wanted...which I haven't tried, but I think there were some experiments posted somewhere on the forum.

I haven't done any experiments lately, but I thought that the problem was fixed in v15...I could be wrong though. If you're rendering in v15, then I am.

If it hasn't been fixed, I would avoid AO renders and fake the look if it was what I really wanted...which I haven't tried, but I think there were some experiments posted somewhere on the forum.

i rendered it in v16beta because it´s faster, but in my test-renders in v15 i got the same... both on a mac though...

i rendered it in v16beta because it´s faster, but in my test-renders in v15 i got the same... both on a mac though...

What I would do is render the background with AO, render the character separately without AO and composite it together.

• 2 months later...