Hash, Inc. Forums

TSM2-windows 7 64 compatibility?

pixelplucker

All the other plug-ins I use load fine and work fine. Just the TSM2 seems to fail. The only executable I could find is the installer so I don't think there is a way to change compatibility mode.

Older models that have been rigged in TSM2 seem to work fine.

Anyone else have TSM2 running in 64bit anything?

Got it working. Had to make sure all remnants of the previous install were removed, did a clean install and all is good now.

I had a couple of other older programs that lost admin rights after an update that came in last night, could be that.

Thanks for trying to figure out what was wrong.

• Hash Fellow
Got it working.

Yay! TSM2 lives to rig another day! yay.gif

Older models that have been rigged in TSM2 seem to work fine.
It would be a calamity if they didn't since TSM2 uses the same constraints that have been around forever.

Not sure what the update was from MS last night but it hosed a slew of preferences and screwed up admin access for some other programs I use. One of them was my type management. Fonts I had installed 2 days ago were in my system but the programs didn't recognize them and I had to install over them to get them to work....

Very annoying.

Anyways the upgrade is well worth it if anyone is running xp 32 on a 64bit system. Performance overall is much much better.

I was sweating not having tsm2 :0

Can't imaging how I would rig creatures from scratch.

Thanks for the link, I'll check that out.

In a long shot I had an idea on a rigging system based on joints to create containers for the bones and adding specific bone types would generate the balance and steady rigs. Now if I can sucker someone into programming a plug in it could be pretty cool.

• Hash Fellow
the balance and steady rigs.

You don't need those. Those produce no benefit for animators. They do not make anything steady and they do not make anything balanced. Always turn those off if you have a rig that has them.

Just watched the tutorials on the base rigging from HomeSlice. Absolutely some of the best tutorials for AM and really gave me a nice overview on how AM ticks. The rig tutorials should really be showcased.

Going to try to rig that squirrel model from scratch. Interesting that the balance and steady rigs are being abandoned, why were they made in the first place?