Hash, Inc. Forums

What is this? - Strange Lines in Choreography

bighop

I'm working with this model and now when I go to animate it in the choreography all these lines are shooting out. It wasn't like this before. Also, I can't move anything smoothly, everything seems to snap. Again, it wasn't doing this before.

Any ideas?

Andy

Screen_shot_2010_07_20_at_5.22.21_PM.png

I'm working with this model and now when I go to animate it in the choreography all these lines are shooting out. It wasn't like this before. Also, I can't move anything smoothly, everything seems to snap. Again, it wasn't doing this before.

Any ideas?

Andy

Those are very large nulls...I don't know what you're doing, so I can't comment on your problem beyond that. Post the Project and someone might be able to tell you, Andy.

Hmm, that's odd, those nulls should have scaled with the rig during installation (hand target nulls probably have the same issue, unless they were scaled in the chor). If you create an action, do you have the same problem? If so, you will need to set their length, in the nulls properties, in the PWS under the models bone folder (this tells me the rig was not scaled correctly during installation). Or post the model here and I'll fix it.

Well when I added the same model it didn't do that. I was trying to block out a few poses, and then go in and animate. (Trying to practice the lessons I've watched from the Animate CD by Cristin McKee)

I did click on these buttons when I was trying to add keyframes as a hold. Could that have caused the problem? I have to say I don't know what these buttons do.

Screen_shot_2010_07_20_at_7.42.35_PM.png