Hash, Inc. Forums

Franz Kafka short

• 3 weeks later...

Every once in a while someone does something that just kind of makes me say "holy cow".

This is one of those times.

Excellent work on the Kafka short. Excellent pre-vis on the new one. What's the new one about basically? All Animation Master?

By the way, how did you hear about Animation Master? Just curious.

Really great stuff.

Thanks a lot for the kind words! Really exciting to get such good reception!

With "Here" I'm taking another approach entirely than in "Trapez": The story is based on a dream I had, and I have started with sketching the visuals rather than writing down a strict narrative. The film will propably not have any lines or speak, and the pace will be very slow, flowing and...well, dreamy.

Unfortunately some demands on the sculpting and other technical considerations have made me leave A:M - for this one anyhow. I will sorely miss the support and exchange from you guys, though.

I must admit I can't remember how I initially heard of A:M. I have been using the program on and off for many, many years, starting way back on the Amiga when it was named Journeyman. I remember making some short clips for childrens television, 3-5 seconds or so, and it took weeks to render and drained the power of the Amiga even if it had a wopping 512 kilobyte memory!! :-)

Well, it really makes me feeling old!!

Hahaha! 512 of memory. And you actually were rendering 3D with that? I didn't start until I had at least 2MB!

I can see you are one of the original users.

I am looking forward to the new one. Please let us know when it is finished. Will you be making a blog for it?

Best of luck and keep up the good work.

• 2 years later...
  • Admin

I have no idea why but when I open video via vimeo these days it displays with the sound off and no sound icon to adjust.

Strange. I don't have this problem with video on other sites.

Congrats on the update to 'Trapeze'!

Later today I'll try via a different browser (I"m using Chrome now)