Hash, Inc. Forums

after bones assigned

rbjohnsn

I've been playing with making this rig to work without success. I've assignded all the CPs to the bones, both in my model and JD's but when starting an action the mode has no bones. I went back to the 2001 rig which functions as I learned with all the previons of AM. I also got the latest ver of AM thinking the problem maybe associated with AM's verion.

What am I over looking? :(

I assume you are trying to install the squetch rig? Where did you position the bones, in bones mode or an action? Did you follow the instruction on exporting the model from an action? After exporting the model, did you import the squetch rig relationship model?

You need to give us a little more info on how far you actually got in the installation process.

It could be an installation issue or there is a known bug that causes something similar. It's just a matter of deleting a reference to the model bone in the hierarchy. Posting the model would be the ideal solution.

I've been playing with making this rig to work without success. I've assignded all the CPs to the bones, both in my model and JD's but when starting an action the mode has no bones. I went back to the 2001 rig which functions as I learned with all the previons of AM. I also got the latest ver of AM thinking the problem maybe associated with AM's verion.

If you are using v13s or later, then it wouldn't be a version problem. The Squetch Rig does not install like the 2001 Rig...use the instructions in the included text file. I can't think of a reason for there to be no bones showing up, what are the steps you are following?

I assume you are trying to install the squetch rig? Where did you position the bones, in bones mode or an action? Did you follow the instruction on exporting the model from an action? After exporting the model, did you import the squetch rig relationship model?

You need to give us a little more info on how far you actually got in the installation process.

I imported the squetch rig into the boneless model, then auto assigned the bone. Then started a new action only to find none of the bones were visable in the action window.

This is how I added the 2001 rig.

If you are using v13s or later, then it wouldn't be a version problem. The Squetch Rig does not install like the 2001 Rig...use the instructions in the included text file. I can't think of a reason for there to be no bones showing up, what are the steps you are following?

The only text file I saw was to reset all the constrants. Is this the file you mean. If not where would I find the file in reference?

The only text file I saw was to reset all the constrants. Is this the file you mean. If not where would I find the file in reference?

The latest version is in this post along with the latest Squetchy Sam. The text file for installation included in the ZIP file is named "Posable_installation_steps_04_23_2010.txt".

------------------------

EDIT

------------------------

The Squetch Rig uses an entirely different method of installation than the 2001 Rig...follow the included instructions.

The only text file I saw was to reset all the constrants.

That would be an old version of the rig...you don't have to reset any constraints in the present version.

Hope that helps.

I just downloaded David Simmon's tutorals 1 thru 5 on how to install the Rig. From just view the first one so far I hope they will resolve my problem.

For any of the newbies I would recomend viewing the tutorals for undersanding the mechanics of AM and how to model aside from the Squetch Rig.

And again thanks David for your hard work.

I just downloaded David Simmon's tutorals 1 thru 5 on how to install the Rig. From just view the first one so far I hope they will resolve my problem.

For any of the newbies I would recomend viewing the tutorals for undersanding the mechanics of AM and how to model aside from the Squetch Rig.

And again thanks David for your hard work.

Those videos are for a much older version of the rig, so they may give you some insight, but things have changed drastically since then. I haven't watched them in a long time, so I can't outline where things diverge at the moment. There isn't a current video or follow-along instruction...things changed very quickly and it was hard to keep up. I'm hoping to get another set of videos done when I go through updating the rig in Bertram...it takes me way too long to get to things with the limited amount of time I have, unfortunately.

If you have any questions, post them and we'll help where we can.

Found my problem to be I imported the rig into the boneless model, when I should have imported the bonneless model into the RIG.

The latest version is in this post along with the latest Squetchy Sam. The text file for installation included in the ZIP file is named "Posable_installation_steps_04_23_2010.txt".

------------------------

EDIT

------------------------

The Squetch Rig uses an entirely different method of installation than the 2001 Rig...follow the included instructions.

The only text file I saw was to reset all the constrants.

That would be an old version of the rig...you don't have to reset any constraints in the present version.

Hope that helps.

Found the text file "Posable_installation_steps_04_23_2010.txt" in the download ZIP file, problem there was a 0 file length. Not sure as to which download as I made numerious. Sorry!

I found another file which had the "Posable_installation_steps_04_23_2010.txt".

Now I am beginning to realize all the work involved to install this RIG. Off to see the wizord...whish me luck!

Now I am beginning to realize all the work involved to install this RIG. Off to see the wizord...whish me luck!

If you have any questions, post 'em.

Included in the ZIP along with the "Posable_installation_steps_04_23_2010.txt" file are two PDF files named "Face_Setup_04_23_2010.pdf" for setting up the base face Poses and "FACE_Interface_Setup_04_23_2010.pdf" for setting up the FACE interface controls.

Good luck with the install!