Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

I was bored

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I did was texture the ground and setup the scene. All the assets are available on the A:M cd and the extra cd/dvd (can't remember which one).

I made some adjustments to the AI settings and I'm rendering at a higher res and more passes.

• Hash Fellow

Good scene.

I think the ground is picking up too much light. I don't know why. The other objects seem to be responding appropriately. There isn't ambience on the ground is there?

• Hash Fellow

I defaced this one...

DragonDesat.jpg

That probably isn't an HDRI image you've got for the sky so the bright spot in the clouds isn't contributing as much as it should and reducing the overall contribution of everything else as it should. A really hazy kleig light from the direction of that bright spot might fix the balance.

Thanks guys.

Robert, that looks better. I was able to adjust the ground texture to darken it up. I also fixed the texture stretching to the dragon on the right (manual cp adjustment in chor). Weighting might fix it. The model has alot of areas that have more than 2 splines intersecting at a cp, which would be nice to fix, but that would mean redecaling.

The dragon on the left has some rendering artifacts, I think it's the bump/displacement on it. The walls need to be fixed too around the edge.

Here's a rerender of some of the fixes.

dragons0.jpg

Thanks guys.

I'm going to render at a higher res to see how it looks. I have the lower res set to my wallpaper and it looks great, but want it at a higher res. Hopefully I can call this done and I can post it to A:M Stills when it's done.

Thanks.

Robert, the silhouette wasn't intentional, it happened to work out that way.

This is very odd, I uploaded the image to A:M Stills (last friday), but it never showed up. I don't remember ever waiting for the image to be posted there.

• 2 weeks later...