Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Easy CP Weight option

jmart714

Hey Guys,

Is there an easy way to blend the CP weights between two bones? Here's what I've got below. I just want even distribution between the bones. I have a lot of CPs because I'm going to make the thing rough like rock and I didn't want to do it using materials and combiners. I just don't want to have to go spline by spline to fade the weight between each bone. Thanks.

Justin

post-11067-1276875244_thumb.jpg

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Hash Fellow

Yup, that's a lotta CPs. For now I'll presume you need them.

"Bone weights" are for you. In the props for each bone you can turn on "Has FallOff" which makes 2 capsule shapes around the bone visible.

These show the area the bone will try to weight to itself when you RMB in the model window>Compute All CP weights.

CPS inside the inner capsule will get 100%

CPs inside the outer capsule fade from 100% to 0% depending on the CP location

If the capsules from two bones intersect, A:M averages between the two.

These inner and outer capsules can be scaled and squashed in their properties to vary how much space around the bone they affect.

If you dont' like the result after you do "Compute All CP weights" (remember you have to test this in a separate action) you can RMB>Remove all CP weights and try again.

Also note that "Compute All CP weights" acts only upon visible CPs so you can hide CPs you may have successfully weighted already and don't want to change.

Save your work frequently so if you mess things up or get confused you can go back to a version prior to that.