Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Rotoscope resolution when modeling.

DJBREIT

When I bring in an image as a rotoscope to use on a model the image comes in at a low resolution So I lose a lot of detail and makes the image useless to work from for smaller details. Is there away to get A:M to show it in full resolution?

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As the others have said, you need a bigger reference picture. Fortunately you've chosen to model a Pennsylvania Railroad GG1, one of the most obsessed over electric locomotives. So there's LOTS of pictures of it in 3/4 views but as usual with big vehicles, very few orthogonal views showing the whole thing. I can offer the attached four images whose lengths are all larger than the one you have. I think you'll be happy with GG1_b.gif which is a pretty large line drawing. I also threw in a picture of the chassis and trucks that I stumbled across during the search.

GG1_a.gif

GG1_a.jpg

GG1_b.gif

GG1_b.jpg

GG1_frame.jpg

Go to your imagefolder and have a look at the properties of this folder.

You will find a property called "Preview Resolution".

Make sure you dont have set this one or that you set it to a higher value tahan your rotoscope,

See you

*Fuchur*

PS: Just had a look at the imague you provided... that one wont give you better quality....

I actually have that problem ALL the time myself. I have to:

1) Apply the image as a decal somewhere. Doesn't have to be on the model.

2) Close all windows and then save the project.

3) Reboot Hash.

4) Open the project again, but not any windows.

5) Go into the project hierarchy and find the decal.

6) Right-click the decal and choose "Edit." This should bring up the image at full resolution.

7) NOW open your model and view the rotoscope. It should be the correct resolution.

I *THINK* that's all the steps, it's been a little while. I have to do this all the time to get decals to show up at the proper resolution in real-time previews, too. Let me know if you have any luck.

Another thought: Maybe your graphiccard cant handle textures which are bigger than a certain imagesize?

*Fuchur*

This was my assumption. I'm using 15g. Oh, and one other thing, DON'T use preview render until you're done - it will bump the resolution back down to the pixelated version.