Hash, Inc. Forums

Leg Rig problem

cribbidaj

Hi -

I'm following this David Rogers tut: http://am-guide.com/SetUp/ to rig the legs of a "paper" man model I'm working on and I finally got everything constrained properly only to witness a new anamoly with the step "tarsal bone add kinematic chain to Toe Target". The right side constrains fine, but when adding this constraint to the left side I get strange toe displacement.

I checked and rechecked my steps more times than I can mention. I've uploaded a project file with only this constraint in the relationship (pose) as thru trial & error I realized this problem happens whether I complete the constraint process or just isolate the toe constraints.

Can anyone find what's happening?

Paper_Man__leg_rigging_.prj

PaperMan.mdl

foot_constrain0.jpg

Here's a fixed model.

The left calf was shorter than the right and you had unwanted keys on the thighs, calves and feet in the pose.

Excellent! Thanks guys! For the life of me, I couldn't find the unwanted keys or the length discrepancy, but knew it was something I was overlooking. Thought I deleted those keys when deleting all the relationship trials I went through only to realize that the "Thigh aim at Knee and Roll Like ThighRoll" constraints respond best when compensate is turned off.