Hash, Inc. Forums

Not understanding this

Gerry

Rigging my Jetwasp model I've got all the bones in, figured out what control bones I needed and in an Action window I created the necessary constraints. Testing in the Action window everything works great. But when I bring the model into the chor, the constraints aren't available. In User Properties I turn on the pose I created in the Action window (probly did something wrong at that step but I can't tell) with the constraints, but they won't activate.

Maybe I'm working in the wrong window? Where exactly should the constraints be created, in a Pose? A relationship? They're not extensive and I don't mind doing them over, but I need to know the *right* place to create them so I can turn them on and off.

• Hash Fellow

If you did create constraints in an Action you would need to drop that action on the character once you have him in the chor.

I think that was the old school way of doing it long ago.

Well there you go! I knew it was something like that but losing track of the various, er, thingies...

As I've mentioned, I do all my AM work at my day job. The down side of this arrangement is that I was at the office last night (Saturday) til 2:30am and I'm here now, at 9:00 on Sunday. The way the work bunches up at night and on the weekends, I don't know why we even bother doing a regular 9 to 6 day shift.

so just saying that while I've been working on the rigging, my brain thingie is not at its best.