Hash, Inc. Forums

Smooth

urbssenator

Hello

I need some help for my smurf. I started modeling with A:M. I t works very fine and is very simple. Only smoothing some splines is difficult for me. Is it the way I'm choosing to draw the splines, by sample clockwise or unclockwise or something else? I did foind a command to smooth the points. I tried to control the normals, but got no result.

After I shall copy and flip the half head and set the symetry button. I tried it, but the edges on the X axis are not joined. How can I "weld" the points?

I'm joining the mdl file and a screen capture.

Thanks

Remy

post-13012-1271599666_thumb.jpg

Smurf_head.mdl

• Hash Fellow

Splines always need to connect and cross with an "X" intersection, like in the top sequence. If they meet and turn away from each other, like in the bottom half, you get a crease.

splinecontinuity2.png

If they aren't crossing like an "X", break them apart and reattach them to make them like that.

Here's another markup I did a while ago when some one had a similar question.

splinecontinuity.png

Thank you robcat2075 that's good. Give me please just the shortcut to reattach the splines. I did'nt found in the help.

There are some good tutorials at Jeff Cantin's site called "Basic Splinemanship" that will help you quite a bit. Here is from the first one:

Joining "A" and "B" together

Grab the end of spline "A" and position it "over" the center CP in spline "B."

Don't let go yet! On a PC, while still holding the CP with the left mouse button,

right click with the mouse and the two CP's will weld together. On a Mac, while

still holding the CP with your only *smirk* mouse button whack the "~" (tilde key)

and the two splines are joined.

Hope that helps.

I thank you all for your help. The good tutorials you sent are very helpfull. The commands (right click welds points!) are helpfull to.

I did'nt knew that A + shift key gives a non continuous spline.

So I can refne my smurf now.

Remy