Hash, Inc. Forums

props in A:M

Hisako 100112

i remember reading somewhere in A:M's tech reference book, the you could assign a prop to a model (but i can't remember what the function was called or what page it was on). that kinda sounds like the 'conform to' function in poser 7 which assigns clothing and props such as swords to a specific part of the loaded character.

to make a long story short, how to i assign props to models in A:M? could i do the same thing with clothes as well as props?

thanx

hisako

• Hash Fellow

You can constrain any model to a bone in any other model in the Chor.

You can also drop a model in an action to use with a character in that action

"Conforming" clothing... no. It would have to be a mesh specially modeled with bones in the right place to constrain to bones in the character model.

I imagine Poser clothing isn't just any old model, it's a model made to work with whatever their conforming process needs.

Perhaps you are referring to Action Objects!

Cheers

It is more or less Nancies Plugin (I think it is called "Dress me Up" or something like that) and maybe Resurface from Steffen for Poser.

But this is not possible for Props, because of the whole polygon-thingy.

See you

*Fuchur*

i remember reading somewhere in A:M's tech reference book, the you could assign a prop to a model (but i can't remember what the function was called or what page it was on). that kinda sounds like the 'conform to' function in poser 7 which assigns clothing and props such as swords to a specific part of the loaded character.

to make a long story short, how to i assign props to models in A:M? could i do the same thing with clothes as well as props?

thanx

hisako

Looks like Hisako was asking about the 'Translate To' and 'Orient Like' constraints- which are the most common ways of constraining a prop like a hammer to a character's hand.

thanx

hisako

Looks like Hisako was asking about the 'Translate To' and 'Orient Like' constraints- which are the most common ways of constraining a prop like a hammer to a character's hand.

I think he is asking about deformation too...

*Fuchur*

My characters frequently use swords, so I actually created "sword bones." One under the palm of each hand that is located where I want the hilt of the sword to be when they are holding it. I then have a similar bone in the hilt of my sword model and constrain the bone in the sword to the bone in the hand and I have it exactly where I want it.