Hash, Inc. Forums

short keys and weights?

Malo

Hello,

In bone mode, the Ctrl key help to move the bone with his CPs.

But this short keys don't work with weight. So when a CP is 50% assigned to "bone1" 50% with "bone2", it do as there are 100% with "bone1" and 0% with "bone2"

bonemodecrtl.jpg

It is there a short keys that takes into account the weights in bone mode?

In the same idea.

When I move a CP, it is there a short keys that CP does not change the distribution of weights?

CPweightmove.jpg

When I add a CP on a segment of a spline, it is there a short keys that it takes the value of places where it is located between the other two CP?

CPweightmodeling.jpg

As to your first question, no there isn't a shortcut key, but you can use an action to reposition bones (with the weighting moving the cps accordingly) and export the model. The model will export with the new bone and cp positions. This should work for your second question as well. In an action, just go into muscle mode and move the cps, then export the model. For the third question, I don't think there is a way to add cps with weighting already assigned.

[EDIT] Rereading your second question, I'm not really sure what you are asking. Once a cp is weighted, moving it in modeling mode won't change the weighting (same goes for an action). If you are using bone falloff, you can just recalculate the weights.

• Hash Fellow

Steffen Gross's Transfer AW plugin will try to re apportion weights from one mesh to another. That might do what you are trying to do in #2 if you used it on a copy of the old mesh and a copy of the changed mesh.

However it is not documented. It is a replacement for the old Anzovin Weightmover app and I haven't really investigated it much. You would have to experiment with it.