Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

TSM2 Rigging Problem

superrepus

I've rigged a biped model.

The weird thing is is that it was working fine the first time I tested it in a new action, then the next time I opened the project, all bones were hidden. This is when I ran TSM Rigger with the original build again and all the bones remained hidden. I then unhid all the leg control bones and tried to move them in a new action. The mesh would not move with them.

I've tried several times to re-rig the model and the same thing happens every time.

The only bones that are automatically hidden after running Rigger are supposed to be the Geometry bones. Why are all bones hidden now, even the control bones?

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hash Fellow

First, regarding the mesh not moving, remember to turn the "TSM Constraints" pose ON when you put the character in a new action or chor.

Or you can turn it on in the User props of the character and save teh model so it is on by default.

Hidden bones...? I just rigged something with TSM2 yesterday so it's generally working.

If you just open up a blank model window and run builder, flipper and rigger with no mesh or any thing, just the basic default process, do you still get absolutely no bones when you drop the model in a chor and go to skeletal mode?

And what A:M version?

First, regarding the mesh not moving, remember to turn the "TSM Constraints" pose ON when you put the character in a new action or chor.

Or you can turn it on in the User props of the character and save teh model so it is on by default.

If you just open up a blank model window and run builder, flipper and rigger with no mesh or any thing, just the basic default process, do you still get absolutely no bones when you drop the model in a chor and go to skeletal mode?

And what A:M version?

I am using v.13.

The constraint pose was on.

I haven't tried the process with no mesh, but I will. I have tried it on several models and get the same result every time.

Did you accidentally turn the TSM Constraints pose off in any of the other poses/relationships?

No, I don't think so. I even re-rigged the models again from my saved flipped model. Same result, all control bones were hidden and the leg mesh wouldn't move after I unhid the control bones after rigging. It worked perfectly the first time I did it. But, after I opened the project again, the control bones were hidden. I know I didn't save the project or model like this.

Maybe it's an TSM2 install problem?

• Hash Fellow

Can you post the character?

Or just do the generic character shown in the manual and post that when you are done with it.

I haven't tried the process with no mesh, but I will.

It takes a minute to do that. Do it... what happens?

This is the result immediatley after running Rigger (The leg control bones are hidden):

AfterRigging.bmp

This shows what happens after I unhid the leg control bones and they move without the mesh (all CPs are attached to Geometry bones):

LegMeshNotMoving.bmp

This shows that the leg mesh moves if I use the foot control bone:

UsingRightFootControl.bmp

I tried opening up a blank model window and ran builder, flipper and rigger with no mesh or anything, just the basic default process. The leg control bones still show up hidden. It is the same result I got with my model:

BlankModelTest.bmp

It's working properly. The legs, by default, are set to IK, so all you will see are the foot control bones. If you switch the legs to FK, in the pose slider window, you will then see the FK leg control bones.

That was the problem, thanks!!

It seems like I didn't have to do that the first time i tested the rig after running Rigger.

Thanks again!!!