Hash, Inc. Forums

Pengwin's Penguin

It's been a while since I posted anything in these forums, but I thought I would show you all the model I've been working on over the last few hours for a game I plan to write.

This isn't rigged brilliantly, but I don't need a lot of animation as I am writing a 2D game with pre-rendered graphics.

The final result will be a much smaller penguin, but I made it larger than need be so I can shrink it later in the development process.

pengwinfinal0.jpg

Cute character, tell us more about your game.

I'm working on a bunch of retro style games at the moment.

This character is for a Defender type game. Although I may also use the penguin for future games as well.

Just a quick update.

As I said before, the game is to be a defender style game, and this is the main hero of the game. He will be visible flying the 'pengwin flyer' with which you try to rescue your comrades.

flyer0.png

I've gone back and re-rigged him as I also plan to use the penguin for a series of cartoons to accompany the game.

pretty cool stuff

Thanks Spleen.

I have a day to myself today, so I have Lizzy Borden blasting from iTunes, coffee on the plate and AM in front of me ALL day.... mmm... heaven.

I'll post a few pics today, as I make progress.

What does a penguin do with cruise missles?

In the game, the missiles won't really be used, they're just for show. But I will probably use them in the comic strips.

Oh, and they're used to kill aliens...what else? ;)

• 2 weeks later...