Hash, Inc. Forums

system clock has been set back (-40)

sir fen the usa

so my motherboard went bad. they sent me another. i installed and all seemed to work well. i just installed the new AM update and got the error above.

i saw some threads on this and did a search and there must be at 200 files with different dates.

am i screwed here. do i have to re-format?

mike

jason at hash dot com might be your best bet at this stage. There is a protective device in the software to prevent users from changing their system clock to try to fool the subscription process. A bad MB/system clock has run you into the same issue.

Cheers

You may not have to reformat. Just email support@hash.com with your problem and see if there is any other solution.

yes i already did. ill hold off on the format for the moment. just wish i could do some animations now. i need some stress relief....

thanks

mike

it works it works it works.......im not sure why but i thought i would try to open it up one more time before removing hash and do a full hash software install and behold it booted up. so its a mystery. but im up and running. lets hope it sticks....

hello,

It's good to see it's working. I sent you a few emails about this. but it looks like eathlink was blocking them(i just got the bounce) i have a email into them to see. Why.

Just incase this happens again i will post the steps we would send. But if your CPU looses it's clock time or you have to flash your bios. Make sure your clock is reset before you start A:M.

First download:

ftp://ftp.hash.com/pub/misc/rlmhostid.zip

unzip that file to your desktop.

For windows XP/Vista

Go to Start Menu > Run > type ‘cmd’ without quotes [enter]. In the window type ‘cd desktop’ with out quotes [enter]

Now type ‘rlmhostid.exe’ with out quotes. You will get ‘Hostid of this machine:’ Right click on the last number and select mark highlight all of the code after ‘Hostid of this machine:’ and email that to me and I will send you a new .lic file.