Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Ankylosaurus

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hash Fellow
Nice test, but that face does NOT look happy to see me! More like he's about to lunge!

This may explain why the stray ankylosauri are so hard to place at the animal adoption center.

Apparently these things were elephant-sized so they probably didn't do much lunging. Herbivorous, of course; they might smash you but they wouldn't actually eat you.

Nice test, but that face does NOT look happy to see me! More like he's about to lunge!

This may explain why the stray ankylosauri are so hard to place at the animal adoption center.

Apparently these things were elephant-sized so they probably didn't do much lunging. Herbivorous, of course; they might smash you but they wouldn't actually eat you.

tell that to the blokes who get chomped on by the hippo-a saurous!

The thought that I had with your test was happy puppy with that wagging tail...didn't go with the cranky look on the face

• Hash Fellow

Thanks.

Yes, it's as thin as I can make. I want the difference between the raw state and the textured product will be as dramatic as possible and, of course, to simplify CP weighting.

One advantage of material texturing I envision is that you can change your splineage later and it won't seriously break materials like decals would be .

Nice dino. I'm surprised you were able to hook into the 5 point patch.

It works if you make the five-point patch first. If the hook is already attached, the five-point button will never enable.

Rob, the low patch modeling on this is awesome! I never would have thought of ending a hook on a 5 point patch like that, but it looks like it works great! This is the kind of modeling I've been striving towards lately, it's just so much easier to rig.

One small crit: The point just above his front shoulder looks like it should be weighted to the shoulder bone by maybe 5-10 %, to avoid that little bit of a crease when he crouches.

• Hash Fellow

Thank you for your enthusiasm!

I guess I wasn't quite accurate when I said I hadn't done a dinosaur before. I did do a T-rex 21 years ago for a Filmmaking 101 class.

saur4.jpg

That dinosaur also had no CP weighting. CP weighting didn't exist in 1989. At least, not in "Turbo Silver" on the AMIGA it didn't. :(

Great movement, Robert! Very cool!

I've always avoided the hook/5-point patch, too, but I thought I heard somewhere that the 5-pointer wouldn't close if there was a hook attached to it.

Nice to know differently!

Great movement, Robert! Very cool!

I've always avoided the hook/5-point patch, too, but I thought I heard somewhere that the 5-pointer wouldn't close if there was a hook attached to it.

Nice to know differently!

Like it was mentioned earlier, if you create the 5 point patch first, then apply the hook it works..if for any reason you have to re-do the 5 point patch, you have to break the hook, do the 5 pointer, then re-apply the hook.. Found that out quite by accident whilst breaking all the rules from splinig 101!