Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Looking for a tutorial

P head

Hey! I'm new here, and trying to make the leap from 2D animator to 3D with A:M.

So I looked around but i couldn't find a tutorial where I saw somebody build a character from scratch.

I think watching someone do it with a little commentary is the best way to learn.

I must have overlooked it so I hope someone can help me with this :).

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This isn't free, but these tutorials were the keys to creating characters for me! When I bought them, you had to get them on DVD, but now they are available as downloadable files from here:

Barry Zundel's Animation Master Training videos

I can't recommend these high enough! Barry goes through the entire modeling process, discussing what he's doing and why he's doing it. The other parts cover rigging and animating in A:M.

I just ordered the 3 of the training videos from work, but used one of my home e-mail addresses. I am assuming that an e-mail will be sent to me with the download links, as I did not see any way of downloading them after paying for them. I've ordered some training manuals from 3DTotal, and was able to download them immediately after payment.

Al

Figured out that I needed to download the tutorials from the website that accepted my payment. Just missed the link earlier.

Anyway, have downloaded the 3 video tutorials on character modeling, and am watching the first video. It is really well done and very easy to follow. Picked up a few pointers on manipulating CPs that I didn't know before. Definitely want to try modeling a character when I am done with the videos.

I would highly recommend the videos to anyone who wants to learn more about A:M or wants to learn organic modeling.

Al