Hash, Inc. Forums

JD rigged

Xtaz

Is there a full rigged JD ( Jeffrey/Mark ) available for download? I love this character and I would like to use him in some animations... if not, I intend to do it....

thanks

I have one, but it's a very old version of the squetch rig. Your best bet is to rerig with the most current rig, in which you intend to use. At some point, David will be posting a new version of the squetch rig that doesn't need the recompensating of the constraints.

David has a standalone face rig you could use located here (complete the 2008 rig first before installing the face rig). Just rename the head_geom bone, head, import the face rig and save. Then rename the head bone back to head_geom once you are finished with the face installation.

Check your settings in the mirrorbones dialog. Make sure you use a capitol R and L in the Right and Left, and all the other settings are correct.

Also check the direction of the right bicep fan bone, it looks as though it's pointing in the wrong direction.

Check your settings in the mirrorbones dialog. Make sure you use a capitol R and L in the Right and Left, and all the other settings are correct.

Also check the direction of the right bicep fan bone, it looks as though it's pointing in the wrong direction.

Thanks Mark ...fixed ..... I was using lowercase in the mirror plugin ( right / left ) and I fixed the bicep fan bone too...

- Should I assign cp´s to fan bones ?

• 2 weeks later...

Steve, Steve, Steve......I'm guessing you rerigged JD on your own? You need to follow the directions when installing the hands/fingers, you are not scaling the bones correctly or you're not scaling the arm or back bones correctly. You MUST scale the bones in all 3 axis' equally, the ONLY exception is the balance install bone. You've had this problem before on a few models and I explained to you then as well. And I see you are still using the IK arms as a default.

Marcos' model looks fine, though it still needs weighting. I'll post an update to Marcos' install with updated weighting, when I have a chance, so everyone can study the weighting.

Steve, when Mark says to scale bones in all axis he wants to say that you must select the bone then type 'S', scale it using the vertex of the cube that is formed around the bone

You need to use the corner of the scale manipulator. If you hover the mouse pointer over the corner, it will tell you that it will scale in the X,Y,Z axis at the same time. If you choose any of the colored manipulator handles, it will only scale in 1 or 2 axis' only, depending on which you choose.

scale.jpg

Here's JD weighted, I think I got to all the areas. It still could use some fine tuning, but that can wait. I did make some minor modeling adjustments, but it shouldn't be noticable.

I have to go out tonight, so if you notice anything in the weighting, let me know.

[EDIT] Posted a new version with the face rig.

Thanks Mark ..... very well done ... I have to ask you ... Can you record the screen while placing the rig's face? I don't ask for a tutorial but just screens ....

I don't know when or if I'll install the face rig. I haven't posted an installer for the rig, so the screencaps wouldn't be much help anyway. I did post a sample model that you can look at bone position and weighting.

The fingers look better, but you have issues in the thumb. You should only be rotating the individual finger bones (thumb in this case) in the X axis only, if needed. The bones should be in line with each other. It appears you rotated them in the Y and Z axis. This can be fixed without redoing the whole install. just select each bone (thumb 2 and 3 geom) and use the rotate manipulator to straighten each one out.

thumb.jpg

Yea ,I have some probs with the weighting on the thumb aswell ,the skinn in between the thumb and index finger.I have looked at yours but still can't seem to get it working as good .Thank's for the way to fix it Mark ,will do that

• 3 weeks later...

Here's a new version of JD with the update 8 fix AND Face Rig installed. It still need some weighting and rig adjustments, but it's working pretty well.

All the controls for the face rig can be rotated on the X and Y axis and some of them can be translated on the X and Y axis (I recommend using the arrow keys to translate them).

The face rig is compatible with A:M Tracks exported action files.

JD_face.zip