Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

A:M Community Chat, Video Tutorials and other Resources

Rodney

• Admin

If you haven't gone through the online videos that come with The Art of Animation:Master book you should begin your journey into computer animation with Animation:Master there: The Art of Animation:Master Video Tutorials

You can work through these exercises alone but it's always better to seek feedback.

To help you there is a dedicated TaoA:M forum and also a chat window right inside Animation:Master where you can discuss all the latest and greatest progress you've made and seek assistance in real time. If you ever login to chat and no one is there just drop a note here in the forum to let others know you are looking to chat!

And don't forget to download the PDF versions of TaoA:M and the Technical Reference.

Even if you have the hard copy books you'll find these digital versions useful... and easily searchable!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin

A:M Community is a part of the A:M Interface.

Part of logging in to the community is chat.

To reopen the panel for login select View / Community (Shortcut key: Alt 6) in A:M.

When you need to get back to work a quick Alt 6 will close the panel as well.

This could not have happened on a worst day. But the router to A:M chat had to be replaced and now has a new out bound IP the only way that they gave us to keep the same IP was to clone the IP of the old router and other then in wireless network broadcast I'm not a fan of that. it may take some time for your DNS to cache the new IP but it's back up and running on the new IP have tested it.

Sorry for this, It's going to be a long night.

• Admin

Sorry to hear of the troubles Jason.

Looks like things are working fine here.

Concerning that Bell.

There is an icon right above where you type in your chat-text (looks like a bell).

Selecting that will toggle the bell chime on/off.

You can also change the size, type and color of your text/font. (please don't get too crazy with that though as it can be hard on the eyes!)

• 1 year later...
  • Admin

A minor goal for me in 2011 is to log into chat as often as I can. (We'll see how that goes)

Here are some recent activities in chat:

01/24/2011 11:44 AM - Charlie D. said he had a question but didn't get around to asking it.

01/28/2011 3:41 AM - Lycan05 offered to answer it.

01/29/2011 12:54 AM - chucky dropped in and revealed he was trying to create an animated bike chain

02/02/2011 3:16 AM - Lycan05 offered some useful suggestions.

02/03/2011 1:41 AM - PaulNyssen suggested posting the question to the forum

02/03/2011 7:13 AM - chucky thanked them for the tips and added that modeling a chain was easy but the rigging of it stumped him.

02/03/2011 7:14 AM - chucky also related some issues with pasting material attributes and a problem with rotoscope folders propagating themselves.

etc.

...and so goes the chat.

• 5 months later...
  • Admin

As we move toward the new ToaA:M we may be looking to promote a weekly chat.

If A:M Community itself can't handle the volume we'll look for other options and hang outs.

What preferences in days and times does everyone have for chatting?

Way back when we use to have a Wednesday chat.

BTW: Liveimpact posted the following via chat a few months ago and it seems like a neat tip so I thought I'd post it here:

05/16/2011 11:56 AM - liveimpact says:

I found a neat TRICK....

05/16/2011 11:57 AM - liveimpact says:

Using DOF - make everything BLURRY... But the Near Field.

05/16/2011 11:57 AM - liveimpact says:

Then create a 1% Transparent in the near field - This should not even show up.

05/16/2011 11:58 AM - liveimpact says:

But Guess what - Everything seen thru the 1% is in Focus.

05/16/2011 11:58 AM - liveimpact says:

You could use that with a Telescope - Magnify Glass etc. VERY COOL.

Thanks Liveimpact!

• Admin
Wednesday it IS then... for the sake of trivia! Let's say... just after TEA?

In a perfect world... to accommodate everyone I was thinking along the lines of running a 24 hour event.

(think beyond chat here... an A:M TV channel... live... with commentary)

In theory, a 24 hour event would allow international Users/Users Groups to take charge of a specific time slot and push areas of interest to them specifically.

No one has to stay through the entire event and should there be enough interest, portions of the event (i.e. demos) might be recorded for posterity.

As an incentive to those working behind the scenes they would have access to the schedule and any resources well in advance of the event.

I'm thinking long term here.

The 24 hour event might um... best be scheduled bi-monthly or quarterly at the beginning.

The bare-bones'd Wednesday night chat would still be weekly. ;)

Note: We would likely ask A:M Users to make their officially public announcements and releases of their films on Wednesdays to hype up the event and really make it worth while to attend.

Yes ----smiles ----maybe if a suggested topic or wip or whatever was hinted to be a topic then more folks will get onboard. Certainly if a new TAoAM is done that could be a weekly chapter or chart session for sure and I would hope would get new users to participate in. I think that really makes it easy to participate in...If you have a chat session on advanced rigging topics for instance I for one would probably be lost and even if I joined would probably not say much-----smiles....but if i worked on a chapter of the new TAoAM I would almost certainly have things to say or questions to ask. So for me newbie subject matter makes me more participatory. As a suggestion --since I am and surely other newbies may be interested now in getting to be able to model and texture --It would be helpful to have like a small forum project to model. Then have the new folks try and model it the item and have some of the experts give some pointers or helping hints. Especially focusing on good practices and techniques.

Rich

• 8 months later...
  • Hash Fellow
I keep getting an invalid serial number error message.

I tried typing "Web subscription" and then I copied the activation code directly from the Hash Store site.

What do I need to do?

I don't recall needing to type "Web Subscription". When does that come up?

I tried typing "Web subscription" and then I copied the activation code directly from the Hash Store site.

What do I need to do?

I don't recall needing to type "Web Subscription". When does that come up?

I think at registration to the Community-window you get asked about that...

I run into that a while back, but somehow I could solved it... anyway it may be a good subject for a A:M Report.

See you

*Fuchur*

My serial number is listed as "Web subscription."

About.JPG

I never received a serial number, only an activation code. I attempted to use the activation code in place of the serial number but I received the error below.

Community.JPG

I tried using my forum login but that didn't work so for the sake of posting I entered a bogus number.

Serial_Number.JPG

Try with "Web Subscription" as serial number

What do I need to do?

Yes, I did try that. I should have posted with the previous comment that one can only type numbers in the field.

With V16 , I got this for the websubscription version

16c.jpg

so I'm very confused with Your screenshot .

The sign in is exactly the same for my 17.4 beta.

Any suggestions? Is there a file I should look at to see if it is corrupt?

If you can get it to work in v17, then a workaround for copying the settings from v17 to v16 might be:

WARNING: ONLY DO THIS IF YOU ARE CONFIDENT IN DEALING WITH THE REGISTRY AND UNDERSTAND WHAT IS GOING ON IN EVERY STEP. INCORRECTLY MODIFYING THE REGISTRY CAN CAUSE PROBLEMS WITH THE OPERATING SYSTEM.

1. Register for the community in v17.

2. Open regedit, go to Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Hash, Inc.\Animation Master V17.0\Community

3. Right-Click on "Community" in the tree and choose "Export". Save the registry file for the Community in a convenient place, with a good name such as "AMCommunity.reg".

4. Edit the file, and change all occurrances of "v17" to "v16". Save it.

5. Double-click on the "AMCommunity.reg" file. It will warn you that you could be destroying the universe. Tell it to go ahead.

6. Open up A:M v16, and hopefully the community will work.

This is what I've done to go from v14 to v15 and from v15 to v16, because I have forgotten my community password. I have not tried it yet with v17.