Hash, Inc. Forums

Subscribing to A:M

klaus

Hi all, I have a weird problem: I have downloaded a demo version of AM but cannot get it started before I fill out "username" and "organisation" in a registration window that appears when I open the application. Should I register at Hash's web page somewhere first?

Is there anything 'legal' on Torrents?

As others have stated there is no demo version of AM - there are legal versions and there are pirate versions - I do hope you do not possess the latter (installs of AM require an internet connection so it can communicate with HASH)

Cheers

Generally, no. Torrents, in my opinion, are just a way of distributing illegal software, movies and music. The web version of A:M has not been cracked, and still requires you to purchase a license in order to use it. It looks like it is just the v15 installer that is being distributed. It is amazing though, how many requests I have come across when googling stuff for A:M of people asking how to crack the software. Pretty sad really.

And yes, I do have a legal copy of A:M :D As a programmer, I try to be as legit with my software as possible.

Al

I've seen a variety of materials legally distributed by torrents. Torrents allow you to spread the bandwidth load among all the people downloading a file instead of having them all try to get it exclusively from your server.

That said, I suspect the majority of torrents are used for illegal downloads.

• Hash Fellow
I got it from http://mac.softpedia.com/get/Graphics/AnimationMaster.shtml

I simply searched in goggle for "animation master demo" and found it. Is it an illegal site?

Probably they called it a "demo" to attract traffic and ad views to their site. But there isn't a demo version of A:M. And v15e isn't current either.

None-the-less I recommend A:M and for $79 you can get the one-year version at good ol' hash.com

10.5.8 refers to OSX.

Yes, it is Leopard, I haven't gotten round to buying Snow Leopard yet.

But this actually leads me on to another question: Is my now 3 years old computer fast enough to handle A:M? Making an investment of a new computer (I would like to upgrade to the new 27 inch quad core iMac) with the present economy is a bit of a gamble.

And now I shall go watch the opening of the winter olympics live on tv!

It is a 20". I am not sure what you mean by "Aluminium". It is the ordinary white one-in-all iMac. Somewhat thicker than the new ones of course.

Anyway I have bought the one year subscription and downloaded A:M. And now I cannot login. It asks for a user name and an organisation. All I got was a long number at the end of the payment. Also, underneath alredy filled out, are Hash's email address and their homepage address. What are they doing in my login window? What am I doing wrong here?

That iMacs 2 versions old (sounds like you bought it just before the Aluminium versions - the non white ones) came out. Before the current 21 and 27" were the 20 and 24" Aluminiums (same colour finishe as the new breed). Yours was the version earlier.

Just fill in your own information in those boxes. Just put 'na' in the company name. Once you've installed the software (and you are linked to the internet) the application will attempt to activate and that long ID supplied in the email from Hash is your activate ID.

Cheers

• Hash Fellow
There is a thread on one issue with AM installs on the iMac - I think it is to do with repairing permissions.

Threads of interest are:

http://www.hash.com/forums/index.php?showt...;hl=permissions

http://www.hash.com/forums/index.php?showt...;hl=permissions

Cheers

Someone oughta compile these mac fixes into one document and get it pinned to the top of the new users forum. I worry that new users are getting needlessly discouraged over something that could be easily fixed if they just knew about it.