Hash, Inc. Forums

Help With Facial Rigging

Darkwing

So I'm working on a facial rig, and I don't think I've ever made on before, and I've been playing with it all morning, but I just reall have no concept of what I'm doing, so I'm wondering if there's a facial rig kicking around like there is the 2008 rig or something, or can someone post a pic of a proper facial rig and it's CP assignments and hierarchy or some resource that may benefit me. Thanks :)

Hey Darkwing, it might be a smarter move if you explored some of the things that make CA so ez in A:M.

Alot of this stuff has been forgotten about with the advanced rigs that have beem made available to people, which are great for advanced animation...

but I think after reading your posts maybe you would benefit from just having minimal bones in the head/face.

for example, just have a head bone, bones for the eyes, 2pupil 2 eyeballs (4total) and a jaw bone.

then assign the control points appropriately and use poses to hold your control point and distortion box created standard lip shapes.

I used the basic tools for a couple jobs and it was a fairly ez process.

You can see a compressed sample of CA I did using just the above set up.

http://www.3dartz.com/vids/cbv/LPS33Web.mov

Mike Fitz

www.3dartz.com